Beer Suggestions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriForceGuy

Reaction score
For my age (22), I don't have a lot of people to talk about when it comes to beer/liqour suggestions. Most kids my age drink the cheapest they can find to get drunk off of; Not me.
Recently I splurged and bought a bottle of Johnnie Walker Green Label and a bottle of Blue Label. (Haven't gotten into the Blue yet, I'm saving it)
I'm still learning the ins and outs of beer, what things I like and what I don't.
I'm a big fan of Founder's Brewery, I've had their Porter, Dirty Bastard, Double Trouble and was fortunate enough to get some KBS.
Anyway; Any beers you would suggest I try? I'm trying to branch out, try a new beers.
I live in Michigan and have been trying a lot of the local craft brews.
I've had Bell's Oberon, quite a few of the Founder's beers. (Going to be trying New Holland's Dragon's Milk once the party store near my house gets some 12ozs in.)
I've had Matilda and Sofie from Goose Island Brewing Co.
From what I've had, I'm a big fan of stouts.
There seem to be a lot of IPAs available but I'm not sure about them.

tl'dr
Fan of stouts/darker beers
Branching out
Anyway; Anything you'd suggest?

Same here. I prefer stouts and porters. Like to try amber ales and do ipas when I'm in the mood. I have my safe breweries but always willing to try new ones.

Same here. I prefer stouts and porters. Like to try amber ales and do ipas when I'm in the mood. I have my safe breweries but always willing to try new ones.

I just went to the store and picked up a Bell's Special Cream Stout and a New Holland's Plead the 5th Imperial Stout.

I hope I like it.
I had an Old Rasputin Russian Imperial last weekend. That was pretty good.

Back