Beer styles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bap

Reaction score
Hi guys, first off thanks allot for everyones posts over the years. I just bottled my first home brew and it wouldn't have gon nearly aswell if it wasn't for you guys. Just a simple question that I cant get the answer for.

I bought a Coopers Draught brew can. And that got me to thinking how can I be brewing a draught without any keg?? Is it even possible? And if so whats the difference between the draught beer and a lager or a ale? Thank you!

That can uses Cooper's ale yeast. It's just a name really. You could do it as a cask ale if you had the equipment. I've done different beers with that can myself. Check out my recipes for details. Just click on the heart icon under my avatar.

In New Zealand Draught is a style of beer, amber in colour with low hop additions and coming in around 4-5%.
Commercially brewed with lager yeast but craft brewers are more likely to use ale strands.
Really its just to differentiate from the local light lagers.

Thanks alot guys.
I appreciate the quick responses.
If you huys ever visit South Africa i owe you a cold one!
Thanks Unionrdr, i will do. As i said, its my first brew and i just wanted to stick to the package instructions with it. But now i will certainly try some tweaked recipes. Haha I dont quite understand all the beer lingo words you guys use yet so it takes me a while to really understand a recipe and be able to enquire without looking like toral fool. ��

Back