Beer stopped bubbling!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalpysko

Reaction score
I think my yeast died it was connected to an over flow tube and I think were I had it in the stopper made a space between the hose and it self so...
And I also brought it from the basement up stairs were it would be warmer for it. It was also a dry yeast I reactivated. Any help would be awesome

huh. I have no idea what you are trying to say. But more then likely your beer and yeast are doing just fine.

Metal,
The chances of something airborne getting in through the space in the hose is small as the beer is expelling co2 and not sucking in air. Regardless, this could affect the taste of the beer (from wild yeast, bacteria etc), but would not make the yeast stop fermenting.

With limited information I would assume that everything is still going fine and just not bubbling but this can only be verified with a hydrometer. The other possibility is that the temperature is too cold thus causing the yeast to go dormant. If you can provide more info, it will help us a little bit.

I took the over flow off and changed it to an airlock cause I wasn't sure if that would affect my fermentation. I sanitized my airlock and stopper before I switched them I did it quick as to try not to put any oxygen it and after u did that I swirled my Carboy to try and agitate my yeast maybe wake it up a lil it was in a colder place I moved it up stairs to help it warm up house isn't that warm as it is so I'm hoping me moving it will help it in the process not sure if that helps as far as info but I'm new this is my second beer thanks for the feed back

Relax. Don't worry. Airlock activity does not indicate whether or not your yeast are still doing their job :)

What yeast are you working with? Some work faster/happier at warmer temps and others can do just fine at cooler temperatures (closer to lager temps)

Yeast are happy when you feed them enough fermentable sugars, pitch enough active cells at appropriate temperatures for the yeast, airate the wort before you pitch it, and leave it alone to let them work their magic.

For the most part, even if you under pitch, and don't airate enough, your yeast will get going eventually as long as you've followed good sanitization techniques and have something in the carboy for them to eat.

Give it some time, you are probably just fine.

You need to tip back a cold one and CHILL OUT!!! Beer had been made for millenia without the invention of airlocks or blowoff tubing. Fermentation still resulted in beer. Your fermentation is fine, it's probably just slowing down. So, once again, RELAX!!!

I sanitized my airlock and stopper before I switched them I did it quick as to try not to put any oxygen it and after u did that I swirled my Carboy to try and agitate my yeast maybe wake it up a lil it was in a colder place I moved it up stairs to help it warm up house isn't that warm as it is so I'm hoping me moving it will help it in the process not sure if that helps as far as info but I'm new this is my second beer thanks for the feed back

William Faulkner would be very proud of you. Brew on bro! :mug:

and maybe with some punctuation your posts would easier to read on second thought your beer is ruined for sure best best is to ship is to ship it to me I will make sure it is disposed of properly would not want the EPA to knock on your door.

Back