Beer Snobs get ready thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Snob

Reaction score
Ok.... leaving to NY on Thursday to spend 4 days with the In-Laws. Give me all your theapy advice here. 5th year aniversary is on the 13th!

Beer Snob said:
Ok.... leaving to NY on Thursday to spend 4 days with the In-Laws. Give me all your theapy advice here. 5th year aniversary is on the 13th!

I just had my 5th year in late September.

My advice is to step outside for a smoke whenever things start to bother you.

If you are not a smoker, my advice is to start smoking.

J/K... really all you can do is make the best of it. Try to enjoy SOMETHING.

I actually really like my In-laws and my wife gets along great with my family. Guess we're lucky

rdwj said:
I actually really like my In-laws and my wife gets along great with my family. Guess we're lucky

I guess I do like my in-laws. My wife want to go there when we get time off and tends to just argue with the mother all the time we are there. So I suppose I have nothing against going except being in the middle of things at times you know. There are two cats there and I'm very alergic to them. So I do go out a bit... just to breath :) Alergy meds help. And tylenol helps with the inadvertable headaches from non alergy challenges. My m-inlaw is 'concerned' about Thunder (first time there). What can I say... this is all probably very typical. I have not seen them since before all my hospital stays and I know I will be challenged with eating the right things there. I'll definatly bring some homebrew (driving) :D

In all honesty, I spend more time with my in laws (and they're great) than my own family. It's my own flesh and blood that gets on my nerves. My in laws don't :p

Like Walker said, enjoy SOMETHING. Maybe come up with some ideas that might be appealing to all.

I, on the other hand, drink. But what the hey, it's my family :drunk:

Ize

go to the LHBS, buy 4 new fermenting buckets w/ airlocks and a crap tone of malt/hops/yeast and spend the 4 days brewing with the Father-in-Law in the garage

I've got # 15 coming up in about four weeks.......I get along with my in-laws pretty good, too, even though I can't drink at the mother-in-law's house (AA- she's a quitter:cross: ). I go on fishing trips, camping trips and the like with the in- laws and we always have a great time.

she'd have to sit in the tent whilst i drank when camping.... :)

no advice, i never see my inlaws!!!

11 years here. Unfortunatly I don't get to see the inlaws any more(both died a few years back) Got along great with them both. Where in NY you going to Beer Snob? If you're around Albany I can give you some places to escape to.

I'll be in Rochester, NY. I went to school... umm... I mean I got seriously in-debt at Rochester Institute of Technology. I love Rochester. Lots of things to do there. I used to live in Orange county, NY. That was fun... an hour away from NYC.

Back