Beer Smith Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmendez29

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Holy crap!!! So I got Beersmith, and it took me a while to kinda figure it out to where I can start using it. I have nobody local that I know of that uses it, so its kind of a self tutorial. But I get to the part to where I need to enter a Mash Profile and I have no clue what the he!! any of that crap means. I was looking at converting to Partial Mash via DeathBrewers method.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/easy-partial-mash-brewing-pics-75231/

Can anybody help me out for what type to put in there? There is just so much that I don't understand at this point. I got a couple of extract recipes that I'd like to convert and I'm trying to figure out how to do it. Thanks to any one who helps me out here.

J

there is a selection in the mash list that says single infusion (ligt medium or full body) Batch sparge....I used that when I was doing partial mashes, worked great, i was in the same position not knowing what to use when i first got the program

Yup, Beer Smith is set up so that it is useful to those that know the ins and outs of brewing to begin with.

The help system is not very good for new brewers.

Back