beer shipment delayed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ba-brewer

I'm not Zog, I'm Leroi
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I sent some beer earlier this week and the day before the expected delivery I got a message saying "package delayed due to train derailment". I looked online and seen a trained derailed in Nevada carrying military stuff, but it was a day earlier but nothing else which looks possible.

Anyone every get a box beer stopped in transit, was there a message in the tracking and what did it say?

How about anyone hear of a train derailment between june 17 and june 20?

As a side note never really thought UPS would be sending packages via train, but it would seem to make sense.

If you’re going west or east it would make sense for then to use Rail.

I always send my beer USPS flat rate priority. From NY to TX(@PianoMan) it’s $18 to ship between 8-10, 16oz cans abs it’s there in 2 days so the chance of heat effecting it is decreased.

I sent some beer earlier this week and the day before the expected delivery I got a message saying "package delayed due to train derailment". I looked online and seen a trained derailed in Nevada carrying military stuff, but it was a day earlier but nothing else which looks possible.
It's not necessary for your beer to be on the derailed train for it to be delayed. Think network-wide disruptions while the wreckage is being cleaned up.
I must say this is quite unusual as a reason for delay. I've had packages delayed because some moron on the sender's side couldn't copy my address out without making at least four mistakes and I've had packages routed back because of "incorrect or incomplete address" where the address on the waybill was actually correct to the last letter, but never because of a train wreck...

When it comes to UPS whatever notifications you do or don't get (and what they say) seem to wholly depend on which person is in possession of your package at that time. Maybe it was caught *behind* a derailment?
If you’re going west or east it would make sense for then to use Rail.

I always send my beer USPS flat rate priority. From NY to TX(@PianoMan) it’s $18 to ship between 8-10, 16oz cans abs it’s there in 2 days so the chance of heat effecting it is decreased.
It's also a felony to use USPS to ship alcohol. Just throwing that out there.

It's not necessary for your beer to be on the derailed train for it to be delayed. Think network-wide disruptions while the wreckage is being cleaned up.
I must say this is quite unusual as a reason for delay. I've had packages delayed because some moron on the sender's side couldn't copy my address without making at least four mistakes and I've had packages routed back because of "incorrect or incomplete address" where the address on the waybill was actually correct to the last letter, but never because of a train wreck...
Had similar thoughts about system getting buggered up. I would guess my box would of been past the Nevada derailment when it happened but it could still get messed as other things get pushed around.

UPS cant take your kegs, but maybe the USPS can. Maybe they will take your kegs and stop delivering your junk mail so only half bad.

I do live in California.

i get a lot of junk mail, but i'd hate to have to bottle....so i disagree....and it says on your post sf bay area, how i knew...over priced marijuana, no alcohol....lol

i lived in mendo for a while.....

remember the try at jacking taxes up, and when they started taxing mike's hard lemonaid as distilled....even though it's only ~5%

So yeah there was a pretty decent train that flipped off its track this past week. I'm out in Nevada and read about it in local news. Grenades, small ordnance and other hazardous waste.

Bet that was a fun scene to try and secure.

FedEx loses stuff sometimes. I never got my volleyball.

giphy.gif

And ice skates (yea, I live in Florida I know).

giphy.gif

It's also a felony to use USPS to ship alcohol. Just throwing that out there.

And, if your beer mailed through USPS were to explode and kill someone (yeah, yeah, highly unlikely, but still...) the penalty is life in prison or death....

(Seriously, look it up...)

The package did get delivered and only 2 business days late. I guess train derailment is not code for we dumped/drank your beer.

Seems like I need a new capper as a couple bottles leaked.

Back