Beer Safe, Man Not

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BNVince

Reaction score
CITRUS HEIGHTS, Calif., Jan. 8 (UPI) -- California police said a man who was injured after losing control of his car was not wearing a seatbelt -- but his 12-pack of beer was buckled in snugly.

Officers in the town of Citrus Heights said witness accounts indicated that Alexsandr Gritsyuk failed to negotiate a turn while traveling at about 60 miles per hour on a city road and struck a tree, KCRA-TV, Sacramento, Calif., reported Tuesday.

The police said Gritsyuk, who was treated for his injuries, did not appear to be wearing his seatbelt during the incident, but a 12-pack of beer he was transporting in the car was securely buckled.

Article Link

So do you buckle your beer?

I have been known to seatbelt in my 30pk of High Life so that it won't slide right off the leather when I jam from 50 to a stop in a hurry.

I have also been known to skip my seatbelt occasionally... I try to keep to only days that end in 'y'.

(disclaimer: seat belts save lives, so unless you're emo, wear yours. i'm trying to get back in the habit. i'm just being lighthearted.)

I usually put the beer behind the front seat. I drive a 2 door so the leg space behind the front seat is perfect for keeping a 12pk safe and snug.

Never, ever put a 6er of bottles on the floor of the front seat before driving on a winding road. Nothing good will come of it...

A note for motorcyclists:

Two bungee cords are NOT sufficient for holding fast a case of Shiner down a bumpy gravel road.

RIP

D00d, sometimes beggars can't be choosers.

Now, I do have a homebrew pal in Seattle who modified her luggage brackets to haul a keg on each side of her bike. Threw a coupla pair of underwear in a tankbag and off she'd go!

That's the way to travel!!

this is the funniest thread i have read in the last ten minutes :D

bigjohnmilford said:
I'll buckle mine if I'm traveling more than a few miles. I drive like a complete masshole.

I love it. I used to live in Rhode Island and I must concur. Most people from Mass drive like lunatics.

I strap the kegs to a van wall and always wear my seatbelt. Sixers just take their chances.

Latest posts

Back