Beer Recipe Calculator??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gopher40

Reaction score
Are there any web sites out there that will have calculators allowing you to get the recipe for a smaller batch. Most recipes are for 5 gallons and I want to do a barleywine and would only like to do three gallons. I will be doing extract. Might it be as simple as taking the recipe and reducing it by 2/5?? I know food network does this sort of thng with food recipes (reduce serving and they adjust the ingredients).

Beersmith.com, download the demo. don't get overwhelmed the first time you look at it, it takes a few minutes to understand whats going on. but just switch the size of the batch and tweak the recipe until you get it where you want it.

All of them, including beer calculus allow you to shift the boil volume size. You just have to look for where on the software it is. In beer calculus you click on the edit button where I circled, and change it.

batch_volume.jpg

Back