Beer or Church?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool graph. These should be one in the same, IMO. See: monks, Luther, etc.

My county is red :( We must just not tweet much about our 15 drive up's in town.. I guess when Debo on the beach cruiser cut in line in front of me the other day at the drive thru. I should have sent a twitpic.

The county I live in is blue. The county I work in is dark blue. We have a lot of religious nuts, but apparently we have more drunks!

Thank god!

Much more beer, surrounded by much more church to the north and south... lol. Seattle has its influence on the whole state...

I live in Johnston county NC , work in Wake county NC. Both are red. Wake county has five or six breweries and a lot great beer bars, but not a lot places to buy take home craft beer (liquor stores in NC sell liquor only).

With all the breweries in NC, I thought we would be a neutral.

I guess we love our church more than beer. I can live with that.

I'm going to go out on limb and say without any data to back me up "More people tweet while drinking beer than tweet while attending church".

Tweeting while the church service is going on may be in bad form.

Drinking actually encourages tweeting.

Would twitter and facebook exist without alcohol and boredom?

Why can't it be both? I'm a preacher and a brewer.

I enjoy beer the same way I enjoy a golf course. Nature's beauty crafted together with man's ingenuity. It's a wonderful thing (provided you know how to use it responsibly)

I'm going to go out on limb and say without any data to back me up "More people tweet while drinking beer than tweet while attending church".

Tweeting while the church service is going on may be in bad form.

Drinking actually encourages tweeting.

Would twitter and facebook exist without alcohol and boredom?

Plenty of people probably tweet to the effect of "omg, great church service today, our pastor didn't get bit by the snake, thank baby jesus in his tuxedo t-shirt!"

tweeting about church != tweeting IN church

Plenty of people probably tweet to the effect of "omg, great church service today, our pastor didn't get bit by the snake, thank baby jesus in his tuxedo t-shirt!"

LMAO. Because it says I'm formal, but I also like to party.

Interesting that Cook County (Chicago and noteworthy suburbs) is much more church. Although I do attend Church regularly, I attend my kegerator much more frequently. YMMV.

Ha, too bad I don't have twitter OR facebook. My friends can call, email or text if they did something that is so cool I just HAVE to hear about it.

That's true.

I think I'm more likely to get bit by a rattle snake while drinking, then worshiping at church.

the airplane_doc on twitter is selling insurance...not a way to make friends :tank:

Damn, someone stole my username before I could sign up for it. How am I going to let people know important stuff they HAVE to know now??????:confused:

We Need More Beer Tweets

I started out brewing my beer in the kitchen of my parents church. They have a really nice Commercial stove, much better than propane and a turkey fryer.

Oregon and New York have more in common than most would think. That graph seals it.

Stealing that link, by the way, and annoying a good amount of friends with it. Thanks!

It shows the aera around Lorain County as much more beer. Strange because you can't buy alcohol till 1PM around here on Sunday. So church 1st is implied.

unionrdr said:
It shows the aera around Lorain County as much more beer. Strange because you can't buy alcohol till 1PM around here on Sunday. So church 1st is implied.

Perhaps the large amount of beer related posts are from people lamenting that they have to wait to buy it! :mug:

Back