beer on the floor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchboy62

Reaction score
I worked until 3 am last night woke up this morning and decided to bottle some homebrew up for a friend that is going out of town. So I set up my homemade bottle filler as seen in the DIY section. I walk out of the room to get my capper when I return I see about a half gallon of beer on the carpeted basement floor. I freaked apparently when I sanitized my rig I left the tap open. They say you cant cry over spilled milk but this isnt milk its beer and I'm crying. Sorry just venting. Lesson of the story dont try and bottle when your still groggy.

dude - hope your carpet wasn't ruined... good thing you weren't too groggy and fell back to sleep!

whaaa??? You're worried about the carpet? Now what kind of homebrewer are you? It's the beer man! Is the beer OK? No, no the beer...it's gone. Moment of silence for the beer...

:tank:

whaaa??? You're worried about the carpet? Now what kind of homebrewer are you? It's the beer man! Is the beer OK? No, no the beer...it's gone. Moment of silence for the beer...

:tank:

Yeah! I started to say "I hope your carpet was clean so you could wring out the beer and drink it" - but figured he was already bummed...:drunk:

If you had a Shamwow you could have soaked it all out of the carpet again and squeezed it back into the bottling bucket. But nooooooooo you had to be unprepared!

Your beer peed on your f*cking rug! Be careful of your next move...we all know what happened to the Dude when his rug was peed on!

I did this once after a kegerator cleaning. Lucky for me it was before the homebrew days and all I lost was some Bud Select :drunk:

Such an experience goes a long way in terms of getting that on the "list of stupid crap to NOT do again":rockin:

Back