Beer life has been awesome lately.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
So, just in a few random weeks, my homebrewing/beer loving life has been amazing. Not bragging or tooting my own horn, but this hobby has gotten me into some great situations lately.

----- 1. beer was reviewed by chop&brew.

I was lucky enough one day to sit down with chip when he was still with brewingTV and have a few beers when he was out here for a business trip. Kept in contact with him and sent him a few beers and one to review. That was pretty much fantastic.

http://chopandbrew.com/2013/06/28/tasting-dipasiipas-with-dono/
Video here
[ame]http://youtu.be/IFK8SmxXlto[/ame]

----- 2. Homebrew company is interviewing me at my house.

I saw one of my local homebrew shops posting something about a company wanting to interview aspiring homebrewers or homebrewers that have been in the hobby for awhile. So i filled out a small info sheet and sent it off... a few days ago i recevied an email about it, and i have an appointment next monday for them to come out and see my equipment and process and answer their questions about equipment and such. and after the whole thing i get a nice sized giftcard for a homebrew shop not too far from me.

----- 3. Tap it tuesday at cascade barrel house.

I Remember wanting to do this for quite sometime and never really knew of anyone that wanted to do a sour shower... so on a whim and thinking about my birthday. I sent my father in law an email and just said "How would you feel about having a sour shower?!" i went into more detail... haha, but he said he'd love it! So for a late bday present (it's on the 15th of october, and my bday is the 2nd) We got approved to tap a fresh barrel of their sour beer!

-----

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this forum for the past few years of help and guidance and everything that you do to keep this hobby amazing! If i ever meet any of you guys in person, i owe each and everyone of you a homebrew. :tank: :tank: :tank:

Thanks chipperz! i appreciate it all!
I ended up having it done today, all went very well.
Gentlemen only had 1 hour to spend with me, but they ended up taking 30 extra minutes and talking with me about my system...

The system that they are interviewing people for looks like a really overly impressive braumeister that i have a feeling that they're going to market way cheaper. VERY cool shiz! Also they're looking at another system thats an all in one fermentation unit/kegerator... which i have a feeling will be pricey.

But here is what i picked up!
2 weldless thermometers for my keggles, a plunger corker for my sours and brett beers, a bottle sanitizing thingamajiggy and jacks yeast to try it out.
IMG_20130715_204016_319_zps1373e7d6.jpg

Aweeeeesooooome!

And Chip, you'll be proud. They said "Okay, i'm going to setup now"... They pulled out a camera and video taped me for the full 90 minutes. i was pretty freaked at first, then i calmed and started joking and walking them through everything, was a blast!

Latest posts

Back