Beer keeps coming out too good

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubakevdm

Reaction score
No matter what I brew, my beer keeps coming out just a little too good. It's becoming a problem because no one can hang out and chew the fat and throw back a couple homebrews. We can't talk about anything because every time we take a sip we can't say anything except "Damn, this beer turned out good".

I feel like its gotten to the point that it's interfering with my social life. I've tried being a bit more lax with sanitation. I've tried pitching with unknown quantities of yeast just willy nilly. I've even tried pitching a couple of days after the boil. Nothing seems to work, it keeps coming out awesome.

What should I do?

I had that problem when I stopped using nuclear fission to boil the wort. And pure HCL to sanitize. ever since I put the reactor back in my brew day my beer has been more "normal". Maybe give it a shot?

Alright. Ill give it a shot. Ill brew a non nuclear boiled Bud Light Clone. They take so friggin long though.

I love it when people drink one of my brews and stop talking to each other. They just sit there and stare at the glass, observing from different angles between sips. My obsessive compulsive nature won't let me get lazy, though!

Jeeze. It's pretty hard to find a Bud Light Clone Recipe thread that actually has a Bud Light Clone Recipe in it. I guess I'll have to wing it, and that means its off to the store to buy a six pack of Bud Light. Gonna see what the FG is, estimate the attenuation and get a ball park OG. I guess it's gonna be some combination of 2row and rice with a light bittering addition of some kind of hop.

just divide the abv by 0.84 and get the # of DME to use in it, dump the numbers into beersmith and sub in a LOT of rice, give it a quarter ounce of saaz and call it close enough for government work?

Whoop! Jackpot:

http://***********/stories/beer-sty...eer-styles/138-american-pilsner-style-profile

It is possible to make beer with Ovaltine. That would break your streak for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you wanted a challenge? Try and clone Bud Select 55. Then you will know you made it.

Its one thing if YOU think YOUR beer taste good, but what would some that knows say?
I mean there is people out there that thinks that embrio-chicken thing in the egg, ("belute" I think jy call it) is GOOD??! clearly ther frame of referance is skrewed-up

DannyD said:
Its one thing if YOU think YOUR beer taste good, but what would some that knows say?
I mean there is people out there that thinks that embrio-chicken thing in the egg, ("belute" I think jy call it) is GOOD??! clearly ther frame of referance is skrewed-up

No, it's not just me. It's everyone. I brewed some bud light and everyone loved that too. I sent a sample to Carlos Brito of InBev, and he really liked it. In fact, he traded me a blimp for the rest of the cornie. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just can't seem to make beer that's not fabulous.

image-3818349949.jpg

Comical fermenter, swollen member, I'm beginning to question the validity of this thread. Shouldn't this topic be in the Drunken rambling, and Mindless musing forum?

ASassyBeerChick83 said:
This thread just made my night! Comical relief, for sure!!

Comical relief? **** you, this is a serious problem.

You my man have never had Balute after an evening of drinkng San Miguel in the warm tropics. Some freshly grilled mystery meat on a stick and balute which taste a lot like chicken soup (although the bones and feathers were a bit crunchy) is delicious.

That was about a hundred years ago in my younger and wilder daze. In the PI of course.

So, I just brewed a Saison. Three weeks fermenting starting at 65 degrees. After the krausen fell, I pulled a sample and to my horror, it had already started developing quite a few "on" flavors. I was determined to mess this one up, so I moved the carboys from the ferm chamber to the front hall closet(74 degrees) after several days, I tasted another sample. To my disbelief, the beer had gotten even better!
No more mister nice guy. I racked the beer into a cornie, just because I could, and because I hear that racking your beer for no apparent reason can ruin it. Then, I leave the thing on my back porch in a tub of water (85 degrees) for three days, and finally a two day stint in my 90 degree garage, just for good measure. Thinking that I had to have developed some off flavors by my brutish handling of my beer, I pulled a sample and sent it to the new president of the French Republic, Francois Hollande as a housewarming gift (I'm secretly annoyed by the French, so I needed to send unpalatable beer, but was afraid to taste it after I messed with it so much). Imagine my dismay, when two weeks later I receive a warm thank you note raving about the beer, along with the Mona Lisa.

image-491857728.jpg

Well, the french don't have any good beer to my knowledge. Keep trying! Your awesomeness is tough, but you can do it!

I agree - I wouldn't judge how awful it may have turned out based on the opinion of the French. You may very well have succeeded in creating "Le Garbage". The streets of Paris smell like urine, after all, so you could be right on.

Don't forget, we are all behind you, and if I have learned anything in my short experience, it's that this forum will definitely help and provide priceless feedback.

Keep trying.

I agree - I wouldn't judge how awful it may have turned out based on the opinion of the French. You may very well have succeeded in creating "Le Garbage". The streets of Paris smell like urine, after all, so you could be right on.

So I'm not the only one who noticed that smell?

This has made my morning. Thank you, and congratulations on your acquisition of the Mona Lisa.

Back