Beer It Forward

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewbien coordinated it and we wanted them all to land today but two came early yesterday. And yeah we all picked our own names but didnt really coordinate that haha.

(Sorry! Was on a gawd-awful conference call!)

This just happened and I'm wondering why FedEx didn't just load all of it on a pallet and bring a semi! :D
View attachment 263120
View attachment 263121
View attachment 263122
I've got a call into a shrink to help with my identity crisis. :)

View attachment 263123
Wow! Blown away by all this Ryan / @finsfan

View attachment 263124
Looking forward to trying your RIS and the other two are super generous - thanks Mike / @mhurst111

View attachment 263125
Thanks for these homebrew Dustin / @DistirbdChemist ! Looking forward to them. :mug:

So two questions - did you all coordinate your activities?
Did everyone pick their own pseudonym?

Thanks a bunch guys - this is why HBT rocks!

Enjoy! Let me know what you think!

Yep we coordinate all this and pick our own pseudonyms. luckily none were the same. There is 80 emails between us to bomb ya back. You got a lot of beers to drink :ban::rockin:

Dont forget you started this!!:D

program.jpg

Yes, another day; another BIF. This time @Hawgwild is to thank!
View attachment 263512

What's the unleaded/premium homebrew?

Thanks Evan!

Your welcome. Mine was supposed to land yesterday with everyone else's. Glad it made it.

They are both my WnB Clone. Unleaded is the base beer and Premium was aged on cocoa nibs, vanilla, cinnamon, coffee, and a white oak spiral soaked that was soaked in whiskey. Let me know what you think. Enjoy!

lol yeah, you shipped it at the perfect time. I didn't even look at email since Friday so didn't see the UPS notice. I just got BIF'd...

That's great... surprises are getting harder to pull off... the 12 oz bottle of mead could use a few more months of aging i tried one yesterday. the other is ready now.Enjoy!! let me know what you think of the homebrews. :D

That's great... surprises are getting harder to pull off... the 12 oz bottle of mead could use a few more months of aging i tried one yesterday. the other is ready now.Enjoy!! let me know what you think of the homebrews. :D

Cool. Will set that one aside then. I'll let you know. More importantly, I'll let you know what wifey thinks of the meads and sours. Those are more her thing. It will make a nice consolation since Cigar City Cider and Mead only sells cider to go and she was really looking forward to some mead (and the only thing I found other than that was one B Nektar).

Cool. Will set that one aside then. I'll let you know. More importantly, I'll let you know what wifey thinks of the meads and sours. Those are more her thing. It will make a nice consolation since Cigar City Cider and Mead only sells cider to go and she was really looking forward to some mead (and the only thing I found other than that was one B Nektar).

Send me your address, I have two or three batches I've had for atleast two years lol

that's great. hope she likes em. i have lots of meads but i was just too lazy to dig through the boxes. they are burried at the bottom. some are over 5 years old no. i guess i gotta get some samples dug out.

My brother (who doesn't drink much if at all) tried his hand at making some mead. He brought some to thanksgiving dinner this past year and they tasted really hot, barely sweet. I think that was at the 6 month marker, I hope he doesn't give up on it.

My brother (who doesn't drink much if at all) tried his hand at making some mead. He brought some to thanksgiving dinner this past year and they tasted really hot, barely sweet. I think that was at the 6 month marker, I hope he doesn't give up on it.

You definitely need patience with mead. 6 months and is nothing in terms of aging out the hot factor. It needs time, lots of time.

You definitely need patience with mead. 6 months and is nothing in terms of aging out the hot factor. It needs time, lots of time.

Yeah I know nothing about it but I assumed that much. He was upset and was going to toss a few bottles out so I stole them away to bring to our next thanksgiving dinner and surprise him with.

Dude, that was a great idea. He will be very glad you did.

I hope so. I bought him a drinking horn to go with it lol. My brother's the only person to ever give me a nice review of my homebrew and he doesn't even like beer. Maybe its all those beatings I gave him as a kid, not sure.

I hope so. I bought him a drinking horn to go with it lol. My brother's the only person to ever give me a nice review of my homebrew and he doesn't even like beer. Maybe its all those beatings I gave him as a kid, not sure.

If your going to drink a Viking drink, you might as well as drink like a Viking. I like the way you think lol. The names of all of my meads tie into Norse Mythology. Blood of the Valkyrie, the Maw of Fenrir, Frieda's Delight, etc.

If your going to drink a Viking drink, you might as well as drink like a Viking. I like the way you think lol. The names of all of my meads tie into Norse Mythology. Blood of the Valkyrie, the Maw of Fenrir, Frieda's Delight, etc.

Love the names. Never had a real mead, or not sure how they are to taste at least. My friend made one, I couldn't drink more than a couple sips. It was like eating a bowl of sugar with syrup on it. I'd try to make one sometime, but I have my own struggles with beer to conquer first :cross:

Love the names. Never had a real mead, or not sure how they are to taste at least. My friend made one, I couldn't drink more than a couple sips. It was like eating a bowl of sugar with syrup on it. I'd try to make one sometime, but I have my own struggles with beer to conquer first :cross:

That's about right. Diabeetus in a glass man. Its all sugar. Even when it ferments down to 0.00 you still get that sweetness with that straight honey flavor. Your best bet is to give in some spice or additions to balance out the sweetness. Once I get a box to Toby I'll send you some. Along with some extract home brews so you can sample those, too.

That's about right. Diabeetus in a glass man. Its all sugar. Even when it ferments down to 0.00 you still get that sweetness with that straight honey flavor. Your best bet is to give in some spice or additions to balance out the sweetness.

Thats cool man. I was excited for one of the ones my brother made, I think it is a blueberry mead. That is one of the two I saved from being executed, it has a really great color. Maybe I'll request he makes one for me with spices, to keep him interested in his hobby.

I have 2 meads waiting from a bif... I think he said let it age?
I've never had mead either, so I'm a wee skeered...

I have a few meads as well, have not tried any yet. I am not sure what to expect. I think I will crack one open for the fist episode of GOT, which is right around the corner.

I need to send one out as well, but mine has to be sort of specific. Like wears a L shirt specific.

My wife asked about the charges from the bank account, I said I have not been sending beer but the membership elf has been busy.

I need to send one out as well, but mine has to be sort of specific. Like wears a L shirt specific.

My wife asked about the charges from the bank account, I said I have not been sending beer but the membership elf has been busy.

Looking to clear out some drawer space?

Latest posts

Back