Beer in my CO2 line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't overfill your keg next time.

Adding check valves could help, but still, filling a keg to where the gas dip tube is submerged is bad juju...

Cheers!

most brew shops will have the check valves...they aren't cheap, but they are cheaper than replacing a regulator...

You can get whole manifolds with check valves for less than the price of the check valves. e.g., Ritebrew.com
But the brass manifold you have is better than those.

Do you need them? Yes and no.
I'd like to have at least one check valve between the regulator and the manifold, to protect the regulator in case of a beer backup. A long line (6') from your regulator to your manifold provides a little security buffer too.

I went with MFL fittings to be able the take the gas lines apart easily for cleaning, in case they need it. Happened 2x.

Agreed, an overfilled keg may push beer into the line if the pressure drops higher up. Otherwise it's a rare occurence.

Check valve on EVERY gas QD. Problem solved.

Even if you don't submerge the gas dip tube, you can still back suck if it's close.

Back