Beer in Hawaii.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't think of anything besides Maui Brewing Co but most of the bars carry at least some local beer.

We went there about a year and a half ago. Great time. Are you planning on going up to Haleakala summit? Definately well worth it if you have the time. Those half-day cruises with snorkel packages thrown in are also fun if you are into that stuff.

I've been hearing a lot of incredible things about MAUI Brewing as well...you're lucky to get to try them...Find out when they'll begin importing to the rest of the states.

I've been to maui a bunch of times. I like the IPA the best.

I would highly reccomend that you bring back some Bruddah Kimo dark run. Some of the best run I've ever drank. THe "Da Bomb" will actually kill you, and the rserve is nice on the rocks.

http://www.therumdaddy.com/psotm.html

Kona Brewing. Had some in Hawaii but also buy it here in "the states" on occassion. like their Pipline Porter with 100%Kona Coffee.

Isn't there a place called the yardhouse or something like that? I don't think they are a brewpub but they have a huge selection of beer available. I'm not sure if it is in Maui though.

Brew Moon, in Ward Centre. Brewmaster there is an old aquaintance of mine, named Greg Yount.

It is on Oahu, not Maui, though.

steve

Check out the Maui winery (there's only one). It's not beer, obviously, but they make a kickass dry pineapple wine.

IMHO, Maui is heaven on earth, I'd love to be back there.

The Yardhouse is on Oahu. It doesn't look like there are any big brewpubs on Maui with the exception of Maui Brewing.

Best bet for bars and nightlife is in Lahaina. Fred's Mexican Cafe in Kihei has some decent food.

Have a good trip. Maui definately beats the heck out of the island of Oahu. Less people, more laid back.

Ok, making my way through the line of Kona products, and they are very nice indeed! I'm still flabbergasted by the selection and low price of beer here. 24 SNPA for $25 at Costco. Canada sucks the hind tit when it comes to beer, it turns out - even Hawai'i kicks it's ass, and they have to import everything.

I'll report back with local findings.

Chillaxin, Kehie-style :cool:

Glad you are having a good time. I had a blast the short time I was in Maui and would love to go back.

I honeymooned in Maui in Sept. 06, spent one glorious morning watching watching 1:00 football games (which started at 10am Maui time) meanwhile sampling everything Maui Brewing Company had to offer. As far as breweries go its nothing too special, however I'm sure you'll find as did I that all beer tastes better in paradise. I whole heartedly support the opinion of La Haina being a very good time, and if you travel the road to Hana I strongly suggest taking a bus tour.

Back