Beer gun without having to purge keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fun4stuff

Reaction score
Hey, anyone know of a beer gun that doesn't require you to purge the keg down to < 5 psi. I'd like to be able to keep my kegs at serving pressure.

Yeah this is how I've been doing it, but requires me to turn psi way down and purge the kegs to prevent excessive foam (even with 15-20 ft lines, cold bottles, etc). I'm looking for a way to prevent having to purge. Would a beer gun or counter pressure filler work any better?

Yeah this is how I've been doing it, but requires me to turn psi way down and purge the kegs to prevent excessive foam (even with 15-20 ft lines, cold bottles, etc). I'm looking for a way to prevent having to purge. Would a beer gun or counter pressure filler work any better?

I use a beer gun with a 12' line. No issues at all. Majority of my kegs are 38°- 40° at 12psi. I don't touch the pressure or purge the keg.

:mug:

Back