Beer gun with bottling bucket (not Keg)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HemanBrew

Reaction score
Does anyone use beergun with bottling bucket?

My process is now to purge the bottle and then use spigot and a bottling wand to put the beer in the bottle and then purge the headspace and cap the bottle.
(I add the priming sugars to the bottles before the first purge.)

Im wondering if I could get a beer gun and use that instead (to purge and to transfer the beer).
Would this work?

Please no "just keg the beer" comments. That´s not my process.

It would work but it will be just as marginally effective as what you're doing now. AFAIK a beer gun only allows you to push a burst of CO2 into the bottle and then transfer the beer. There is no way to keep pushing CO2 while at the same time transferring beer so basically you're still doing an open transfer just like you're doing now but you might still find it more practical because of the single-wand and single-handed operation.

It would work but it will be just as marginally effective as what you're doing now. AFAIK a beer gun only allows you to push a burst of CO2 into the bottle and then transfer the beer. There is no way to keep pushing CO2 while at the same time transferring beer so basically you're still doing an open transfer just like you're doing now but you might still find it more practical because of the single-wand and single-handed operation.

Thanks for answer.
The single-wand and single-handed operation is exactly what i´m trying to get ...plus trying to save some time.

Maybe I´ll try this with some cheap china beergun :)

Back