Beer gas (Nitro/CO2 blend) in northern Colorado?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I live in Fort Collins, and I've checked with Airgas and General Air about filling a Nitro cylinder with beer gas. They told me on the phone that they only do cylinder swaps, but I was hoping for a fill rather than an exchange.

Anyone know of a place that fills nitro cylinders? Ideally in Fort Collins, but I could also go down to Denver or up to Laramie or Cheyenne.

UPDATE:

General Air normally only do cylinder swaps, but the the smallest size they regularly stock is equivalent to a 20 lb CO2 tank (not sure what that is in cubic feet of nitrogen). If you don't mind buying a big boy cylinder ($150-200, I think) that would certainly be the most convenient approach. I think you could pretty much just walk in with your empty tank and leave with a fresh one the same day.

Since all of their cylinders get sent down to Denver for filling, I asked if they would put my humble 26 cubic foot nitro cylinder on the truck and see what happened. It came back two weeks later filled with gas (75% Nitro, 25% CO2) and was just shy of $25. I don't know if I can regularly rely on this service (they initially seemed kind of hesitant), but at least now there is a precedent.

I don't know where others in the area get their nitro blend, but General Air can get the job done for a reasonable price. The two week fulfillment period is slightly inconvenient, but it's fine as long as you plan for it. Maybe if they get enough interest from local homebrewers, they would start stocking small cylinders for swaps.

Back