Beer Froze while Dry Hopping, Adding Coffee, and Wood Aging - How to Handle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewrican

Reaction score
I have three beers in the fermentation chamber which has a temp controller on it. Well, the probe was not setup properly apparently and they are all frozen solid :(

The coffee was supposed to be in for 2 days. The Hops and wood for 1 - 2 weeks.

1 - IPA with hops and wood
2 - Stout with wood
3 - Stout with Coffee

All three were done at the same time and i am assuming that the beers all froze when i put them in there which was on day 1 of the ageing of the coffee, wood, and dry hoping.

How would you handle this? Would you just act like it was added today and age the coffee for another 2 days and the wood for the 1-2 weeks... or should i act like they were in there for two days already since they have?

My assumption is to count from today.

I'd count total age in hours while liquid. And subtract (roughly) the frozen hours and apply that towards your total goal as you can't expect much flavor/liquid transfer to happen in a solid state. I'd just consume another from your very diverse list of possibilities. (hopefully that's not in one sitting)

Back