Beer for SWMBO's birthday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limited Visibility

Reaction score
My girls birthday is in January and she is having some family come up to where we go to school to celebrate it. I am trying to think of a nice neutral beer that she and her family would like. I brewed CM Centennial Blonde and she "said" she liked it... but never really drank it.

Any other brews that someone has in mind to make

How about a cider?

Yeah, if you can, try to get a Dicken's Cider. She might even like a Hot Dicken's Cider! :D

On a more serious note... Not sure what to say. If she was only so-so on the Centennial Blonde, then it's hard to imagine what she would like. Maybe find out if she likes Blue Moon. There are some really good Wit recipes here that mimic it pretty well.

Some people don't like the lighter beers, but do not mind some maltier beers, because they are low on hops and can be a bit sweet.

I think I might go for a wit... I was talking to her last week about a blue moon clone and she sounded interested. If all else fails I will just have more beer for myself!

I recently made an oktoberfest for a wedding and it was very well received. I made it in April and the wedding was last weekend.

I think I might go for a wit... I was talking to her last week about a blue moon clone and she sounded interested. If all else fails I will just have more beer for myself!

You might be better off with a straight hefeweizen, the spices in a wit can turn some people off...

What about a simple Brown Ale? Most of my friends that say "I don't like that "dark" beer" are pleasantly surprised when I turn them on to a simple brown ale. I have convinced many people that just because it says Budweiser Select does not mean you are drinking good beer.

SWMBO Slayer - Biermunchers recipe

Brewing a variant of it within the next few weeks; here's hoping it's another beer my SWMBO likes! So far I've only been able to get her into the Lindeman lambic beers!

Back