Beer for Science Fiction fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newsman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Seen on Facebook - the perfect beer for science fiction (especially HHGTTG fans)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210919-113844_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210919-113844_Facebook.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 50
From the Kulme Pukkia website:

"42 minuutin mäskäys.
42 minuutin keitto.
42 IBU.
42 promillea alkoholia.
Koristeltu Galaxy-humalalla.
Saatavana nyt Cosmicista.
Myös mukaan.
Tätä Itse Zarquonkin joisi. "

Translation:

"42 minutes mash.
42 minutes soup.
42 IBU.
42 per mille of alcohol.
Decorated with Galaxy hops.
Available now from Cosmic.
Also included.
This is what Zarquon himself would drink." :D

I suspect "42 minutes soup" is the boil time. "42 per mille of alcohol" is the ABV (4.2%) [<- UNcorrected?]

Cheers!

Last edited:
I suspect "42 minutes soup" is the boil time. "42 per mille of alcohol" is the ABV (4.2%)

Small nit... I think that would be 4.2% alcohol by weight (not volume).

In compliance with EU regulations that will be 4.2% by volume, as a matter of fact.

So, "per mille" doesn't mean parts per thousand by weight? I've never seen it as a measure of concentration by volume.

So, "per mille" doesn't mean parts per thousand by weight? I've never seen it as a measure of concentration by volume.
It's not officially recognized but 4.2% ABV (which is what is actually written on the label in compliance with regulations) wouldn't work as answer to the question about "life, the universe and everything" so they had to play around with units in a rather liberal fashion, but the beer still has 4.2% ABV.

Back