Beer Faucets and parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srm775

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to build the collar around my keezer and was wondering if anyone had a list of parts I'd need for the beer faucets. I.e. shanks, nipples etc. I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm planning on buying standard chrome faucets and making the collar out of 2"x6" boards.

You'll need a shank (i just buy them with a nipple built in) and a faucet...you can buy them as a combo most places

I'm not trying to be a smart ass...but thats pretty much all you need...oh yeah and you'll need tubing

RockfordWhite said:
You'll need a shank (i just buy them with a nipple built in) and a faucet...you can buy them as a combo most places

I'm not trying to be a smart ass...but thats pretty much all you need...oh yeah and you'll need tubing

yeah, that's about what I thought but I wanted to make sure.

does anyone have any recommendations one which length of shanks I should purchase? Either 3" or 4"? I don't want the shank so short that it's difficult to work with my 2"x6" collar, but I don't want it any longer than it needs to be and getting in the way.

I do not use anything in my serving lines that is not stainless or food grade beer line. Shanks that are chrome plated are very nasty inside the bore as the plating does not go into a hole at all. The beer faucets have some of the same problems if the plating is not well done. Shanks with the nipple are "Chrome Plated" as a rule. It's you and your friends that will be drinking the beer that comes out of your faucets so be careful. Don't forget clamps for the beer line.

For every faucet you need a shank and nipple assy which includes the nipple, sealing washer and nut and a Corny beer out connector(Barb type).

5 to 6 feet of 3/16 beer line.

For the CO2:
5 feet of 1/4 or 5/16 CO2 line(depends on barb size).

Corny keg connector for CO2 in.

CO2 bottle (as big as you can afford).

CO2 regulator.

A tray to catch the beer overflow.

Keep in mind that the ones with the welded hose barb include the barb itself in that 3" spec. I used the 3" ones from superprod.com and my coller is only 3/4" thick. They would probably just make it through with a tiny bit of thread left for the nut.

Bobby_M said:
Keep in mind that the ones with the welded hose barb include the barb itself in that 3" spec. I used the 3" ones from superprod.com and my coller is only 3/4" thick. They would probably just make it through with a tiny bit of thread left for the nut.

So ... the 4" would be better? I ordered the 1/4" ID 4"length ones. Sound about right?

srm775 said:
So ... the 4" would be better? I ordered the 1/4" ID 4"length ones. Sound about right?

That's fine. I have 2 that are 3" and 2 that are 4" - either is fine for one 2x6 thick (2x6's typically aren't 2 inches wide, they're usually closer to 1.5 inches).

Back