Quantcast

Beer Engine on Ebay

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

david_42

Reaction score
Nice, looks like it was designed by a company that made hand-powered kitchen pumps. Almost makes me wish I purchased things from e-bay.

homebrewer_99

Reaction score
I just took the bidding up from $20. to over $40.

Seems like someone wants it badly or the seller has it rigged the price to go much higher...they do that sometimes...they have a friend place very high bids on it then when their friends win the auction the seller comes back to you saying the highest bidder passed on the "deal"...:mad:

Aleforge

Reaction score
Damn it hit 224. Ya it sucks people always have friends or second accounts bump their auctions! Not saying it was done here but just agreeing it sucks.

cubbies

Tastes like butterdirt
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Taipans said:
Damn it hit 224. Ya it sucks people always have friends or second accounts bump their auctions! Not saying it was done here but just agreeing it sucks.

I have never quite figured out why anyone bids before the last 10 minutes.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Some people set a maximum bid and then leave it alone. That way they dont' have to keep checking it, or possibly forget about it. Also, it allows you to set a limit and not get too excited if the bidding gets too high.

I do this all the time. I just set my maximum value for the item, and if it goes above that "oh well". Took me about 6 tries to get a Digitech GNX3 Guitar Workstation, but I finally did end up getting a nice one at the price I wanted. If I'd bid at the last 10 minutes, I'd probalby have ended up paying too much for the first ones.

Atl300zx

Reaction score
rdwj said:
Me neither - I wait until it's under a minute
A lot of the hardcore ebayers have sniping programs that wait until the last second...literally.