Beer Crook

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread got really stupid.

"ERRG it's hard laying pipe, flargelblarg! CONTRACT NEEDERS!"

"It's not a contract, it's a dude and his buddy working out a deal between friends and the buddy is being a bit of a ******, making beer isn't as easy as AB says. Really, shouldn't even be an issue if the plumber was a decent friend."

"I'M STILL RIGHT, HERRRRRRR."

Good god, people.

Thanks for the insightful contribution.

I never argued it wasn't a deal, I said it was a deal among friends, without a written contract. "Hey, run some pipe, I'll brew you some beer." Could mean anything. My point all along is to just cut the guy off. I just don't understand why you don't give any value to someone's personal time in this kind of a deal.

Are you the plumber in this story? You seem to really care about this guy getting paid. Which, as I said all along, if the plumber cared about getting paid, then he should have asked for money, not beer.

No, while I have plumbed, I am far from a plumber. Of course, I give value to a persons time. I just think that the plumber in this case values the OP time less then you, or has no appreciation for the time that went into the beer.

I almost wonder if the second keg was expected, or if when the plumber heard it was coming he just decided to let the OP bring it over. I wouldn't turn down more beer.

Warning! Somewhat :off:

Btw I think half the folks in this thread would crap themselves if they found out how many "friendly deals" ended up in small claims court, ruining friendships. A contract does not need to be written or formal, it does however need to set fair ground rules that both parties agree to. I would much rather keep good friends and risk being called a ******, then having to air my dirty laundry in front of a judge.

Says the guy taking a cheap shot.

My life is wonderful, then again I don't get offended and butt hurt at someone stating their opinion in opposition to mine on the internet. And that was hardly a cheap shot.

No, while I have plumbed, I am far from a plumber. Of course, I give value to a persons time. I just think that the plumber in this case values the OP time less then you, or has no appreciation for the time that went into the beer.

I almost wonder if the second keg was expected, or if when the plumber heard it was coming he just decided to let the OP bring it over. I wouldn't turn down more beer.

Warning! Somewhat :off:

Btw I think half the folks in this thread would crap themselves if they found out how many "friendly deals" ended up in small claims court, ruining friendships. A contract does not need to be written or formal, it does however need to set fair ground rules that both parties agree to. I would much rather keep good friends and risk being called a ******, then having to air my dirty laundry in front of a judge.

I think we can agree on that. The big point here though is still, the plumber hasn't done a thing, so in reality, isn't owed anything at this point. One thing I know about hiring a contractor, never pay them in full before the job is done.

My life is wonderful, then again I don't get offended and butt hurt at someone stating their opinion in opposition to mine on the internet. And that was hardly a cheap shot.

Ya know, I took some time and went back through the thread to read everything with a clear head.

You're right, I did act like a buthurt child.

To you and the poster I sparred with I apologize. Moving forward I should try to think before coming out with guns blazing.

Ya know, I took some time and went back through the thread to read everything with a clear head.

You're right, I did act like a buthurt child.

To you and the poster I sparred with I apologize. Moving forward I should try to think before coming out with guns blazing.

Damn, now why'd you have to go and do that? I was having fun with the back and forth.

I appreciate the sentiment, but there's no need to apologize to me. I just don't understand why people allow themselves to be offended to something somebody else posts.

That said, that's very cool of you to post this, and I apologize for my ad hominem to you about having a miserable life.

This thread got really stupid.

"ERRG it's hard laying pipe, flargelblarg! CONTRACT NEEDERS!"

"It's not a contract, it's a dude and his buddy working out a deal between friends and the buddy is being a bit of a ******, making beer isn't as easy as AB says. Really, shouldn't even be an issue if the plumber was a decent friend."

"I'M STILL RIGHT, HERRRRRRR."

Good god, people.

FYI, a verbal contract actually can hold some weight. Friends or not. But I agree, if the plumber was a true friend this would not be an issue. I wouldn't go to court over this crap, but I absolutely would cut him off. No need to waste my time making some schmuck beer when I could be making myself beer.
ERRG.

Back