beer chiller ? idea/question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAS98M

Reaction score
So I was in a home appliance/equipment recycling place today and came across these--Ebco "point of use" water chillers--I can get one/or a couple at a real good price they are advertised to chill from @ 90deg down to 50deg-this is without any adjustments at this time to the chiller thermostat-they will chill 3 gallons per hour.....
I thought that with a little tweek they would cool a bit better- as to what type of tank/coil assy is in this unit I cannot find any info on that----I may purchase one and try to make it work---whadya all think ?? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Shane

It's in the bottling section so I assume it's for serving. Could be an interesting build. As long as the fluid lines are stainless it should work for brew with minimal modifications. Probably just need a couple fittings or hose clamps to make the connections for the liquid. Then build whatever kind of shell you want for it.

-cheers

Ya-It's for serving.... I may just go back and pick one up,take off the covers(shell already included on unit) and see what makes this baby tick-ie: stainless internals,do-able t-stat mods etc....fittings also not a problem as there are 1/4" npt in and out bungs on the unit. Hey-this might just work...... more later.SAS

Back