Beer, Cheese and Food Pairing Article in Zymurgy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I wrote an article for Zymurgy, the magazine of the American Homebrewers Association, that was published in the November/December 2018 issue. The article centers on a beer, cheese and food pairing event that I organized last May and that raised some funding for my congregation's Peace Camp. The article is focused on the event, beer and food pairings, and using the homebrewing hobby to do events to support projects or organizations you believe in.

It also has three recipes, including my barrel-aged imperial stout, which won a gold medal last year at the Brixtoberfest competition, and my friend's really excellent IPA recipe.

If you're a member of the AHA, you can see the article in the magazine or view the article (and the entire magazine) online. If you're not a member, I've created a PDF of the six page spread in the magazine and uploaded to my website. You can download it from there by following the link below.

https://singingboysbrewing.com/beer-cheese-food-pairings-article

upload_2018-10-27_9-14-37.png

upload_2018-10-27_9-13-40.png

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing the article!

That's a really cool event, and hopefully inspiring to others to organize something similar. The fundraising, besides its primary goal, also adds some social awareness.

The cover photo is totally awesome! Such an eyecatcher, it tells a story.

Back