Beer buy from Colorado trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beowulf

Reaction score
As I'm sure most of you do, I like to check out the liquor stores in places I visit. It's amazing the beers you hear about on HBT that you can't get at home. Although I try to stick with my own brews most of the time, I sometimes can't help myself when tempted by something new, rare or coveted by the HBT community. Plus, I'm fortunate to have a wife who spoils me and forces me to get a new beer if I give it more than a passing glance. Gotta love the wife! We can get many of the delicious Colorado brews in Nebraska, so I stick to the harder-to-find stuff (at least for me). This is probably my 3rd or 4th mass beer-buy in Colorado, so these are all beers that I haven't tried (except for Pliny....had to get it again...just because). So on a recent trip to Steamboat Springs, I picked up the following.

Russian River:
- Pliny the Elder
- Salvation
- Redemption

Oskar Blues:
- Ten Fidy Imperial Stout

Dogfish Head:
- Aprihop

Brewdog:
- Storm (OMG I love Islay scotch...hope it's good despite BeerAdvocate's rating)

Left Coast:
- Voodoo American Stout

Port Brewing:
- Mongo Double IPA
- Wipeout IPA

Maui Brewing Co:
- Big Swell IPA
- CoCoNut PorTeR

Grand Teton Brewing Co:
- Lost Continent Double IPA

I'm sure I missed out on some other good ones, so I'll have to pick them up another time...

For all you fellow Nebraskans, this is what we're missing out on....you might also drive over to Iowa or Missouri where you can find Bell's and Founders wonderful brews.

Back