Beer Brewing Cart Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianinplpr

Reaction score
Almost have this wrapped up. No pumps involved, everything gravity feeds. Pleased with it for a first build/prototype. Should be brewing by the end of the month. All the steel was free. I don't recommend using hot dip galvanized steel, **** makes a mess.

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg
IMG_0864.jpg
IMG_0865.jpg
IMG_0869.jpg
IMG_0870.jpg
IMG_0871.jpg
IMG_1470.jpg
IMG_1492.jpg
IMG_1496.jpg

Last edited:
I am jealous that I never learned to weld.

You're probably not too old to learn. It can be quite cheap to buy equipment now that inverter welders are available from China. I'd suggest you try out a gasless wire feed welder somewhere to see if it will be worthwhile to learn. I tell people that I could train a monkey to weld with one of those if I did the settings first.

You're probably not too old to learn. It can be quite cheap to buy equipment now that inverter welders are available from China. I'd suggest you try out a gasless wire feed welder somewhere to see if it will be worthwhile to learn. I tell people that I could train a monkey to weld with one of those if I did the settings first.

Duly noted. While I'm closer to China than ever before (South Korea), sourcing equipment and things has been a gigantic pain in the arse. Specifically Co2. The idea of trying to acquire welding equipment here is not tempting. As long as you can promise I won't injure myself or my eyeballs I may give it a shot when I finally return to America.

sourcing equipment and things has been a gigantic pain in the arse. Specifically Co2.

Note that I mentioned "gassless wire feed" as you then don't need the CO2 or Argon. The weld probably won't be as pretty as with gas but it lets you get started cheaper and lets you weld outdoors where the wind will blow the shielding gas away.

Nice job! We built very similar brew sculptures. Mine was from bedframes and has seriously ugly, but stout, welds.

A comment and what I did as a solution: your bottom platform, as mine was, is to low to syphon out of unless you have some sort of hole to put your fermentor. In my case raising the bottom platform was not an option as it just cascaded the problems upward. My solution was to combine getting the fermentation vessel as low as possible and then, after emptying the top hot liquor tank, was to put a floor jack under the front bar of the brew sculpture and raise it up. For 5 gallon batches I was able to raise it enough to empty it.

Kudos on a fine sculpture!

Last edited:
More Pictures. Finally finished this thing. Took 28 minutes to bring 10 gallons of water to a boil from 60 degrees. Fairly happy with how this turned out. Feel free to ask any questions.

Attachments

• 60151653136__EB896471-E47E-4676-AAD5-BB8C65EF59CB.JPG
    60151653136__EB896471-E47E-4676-AAD5-BB8C65EF59CB.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1734.jpg
    IMG_1734.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1735.jpg
    IMG_1735.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1736.jpg
    IMG_1736.jpg