Beer bottle storage - Too hot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the75

Reaction score
So, I've finished bottling a few batches of beer. It's sitting in my garage & I'm wondering if I'm actually hurting my beer by allowing it to sit in temps 80-90 degrees. Should I invest in a cold storage fridge so that my beers stay fresh or are they ok to sit in the garage for a few months?

Yeah,I always thought 90F+ to be a little too warm for conditioning. 70-80 I've experienced to be ok. Higher temps might make it carb too fast vs conditioning. But that's just a theory at this point.

the75 said:
So, I've finished bottling a few batches of beer. It's sitting in my garage & I'm wondering if I'm actually hurting my beer by allowing it to sit in temps 80-90 degrees. Should I invest in a cold storage fridge so that my beers stay fresh or are they ok to sit in the garage for a few months?

You don't need a fridge, just bring it inside. Use your wife's closet if you have to, she'll understand...

Back