Beer Bar in DC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gordon Bierch is a good stop, excellent german style lagers. Oh, and try the garlic frys. They're infamous ;)

Looks like both RFD and Capitol City Brewing are both near the center, can you eat at the bar at either of these places?

Searched for Gordon Bierch, google maps had nothing....

Get out to the new Birch & Barley, corner of 14th and Rhode Island. Has over 500 beers, 20 on tap, and usually between 3-5 cask conditioned ales.

+1 to RFD, but I wouldn't really recommend the food. Not to say it's bad, but just East of 7th St. on H St., there is this PHENOMENAL pizza joint called Matchbox. It's a little on the pricier side, but I thought that was some delicious pizza. You could make an excellent night out of just hanging out in that area, between Matchbox, RFD, Fado, Hooters ;), Chinatown. Maybe catch a Wizard's game at the Verizon Center if you're a basketball fan.

I'll probably hit up RFD. I've been to matchbox before, about 2 years ago.

Birch & Barley would be a hike, as it doesn't look like it's terribly close to any Metro station.

thanks guys!

DogFish Head has a brew pub in Falls Church. Less than 30 minute metro ride from DC

Went to RFD. Twice, lol. had some great beers. i wish we had something like that around milwaukee.

awesome place. was packed too. decent food.

Latest posts

Back