Beer across the country

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvonrick

Reaction score
I will probably be driving across the country next month from SW Montana to NY city area. Always looking for inspiration for my next homebrew, I'm looking for micro-breweries/brewpubs to stop at along the way. I will be on I-90 east to I-29 south to I-80 east. May go through Michigan (Detroit) on way back (I-94). Any suggestions for must stop at micro-breweries/brew pubs/beers to try? Hopefully not too far off the highway.

Thanks

if you wanted to keep east at Sewer Falls then take 60 east at Worthington over to Windom, You can have some of my Pumpkin Ale fermented with WY3711. hahahaha!!! but you should definitely pick up some Surly if you can find it. on your way through Spearfish in SD on 90, swing by Crow Peak. their 11th Hour IPA is great on tap. I really like their Pile-O-Dirt Porter as well.

Thanks Billy-Klubb, Crow Peak is on the list. Actually I have been there before as I had a friend who lived in Spearfish for a while. Short cut on US212 takes me right through there at a time when I have been driving long enough to be thirsting for a beer. Way home may take me into MN if I cut up to I94. Will see.

Back