Beat My Friday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChefMichael01

Reaction score
Other than brewing, wanted to see if anyone could beat my Friday plans.

I'm having a surprise Mardi Gras / Birthday party for my roommate where I'm making a huge pot of gumbo and red beans and rice. Also going to be drinking some of my recent CA common, SWMBO slayer, pumpkin ale and christmas spice ale homebrews and just put in this order for beers to be delivered tomorrow for the party (FreshDirect doesn't have the best selection but pretty decent I'd say).

1 Brooklyn Brewery Pilsner, 6-Pack Case (12oz bottles, 4 six-packs)
2 Brooklyn Brewery Post Road Pumpkin Ale (12oz bottles 6pk)
2 Brooklyn Brewery Winter Ale (12oz bottles 6pk)
1 Guinness Draught (12oz bottles 6pk)
1 Harpoon UFO Hefeweizen (12oz bottles 6pk)
1 Harpoon Winter Warmer (12oz bottles 6pk)
1 Harpoon Wintry Mix (12oz bottles 12pk)
1 Magic Hat Roxy Rolles Winter SeasonAle (12oz bottles 6pk)
2 Schneider Aventinus (16.9oz)
1 Smuttynose Variety Sampler (12oz bottles 12pk)
1 Smuttynose Winter Ale (12oz bottles 6pk)
1 Smuttynose Winter Ale (12oz bottles 6pk)
1 Stone India Pale Ale (12oz bottles 6pk)
1 case Sam Adams winter sampler pack (cranberry lambic will be used to water my plants)
1 case Brooklyn variety pack

Probably have a couple of cigars on the balcony as well before going to either Blind Tiger or Peculiar Pub

Blind Tiger Ale House: Blind Tiger Ale House: Home Page
Peculier Pub New York City Beer Menu

:rockin:

how many people are coming to this party? I hope you have a strong balconey

Yeah for real. You're Friday sounds like 2 months of combined Friday's
for my wallet.

Haha, everyone of course is welcome. Unfortunately, it was pretty expensive however a) I need the bottles and b) why not splurge every once in a while I suppose.

Another wonderful aspect of living in NYC is what you can't carry, you can't buy unless you get it delivered ($$$).

And yes, I placed this order last night around midnight after a "couple" homebrews.

By the way, I was hoping you guys would make me feel that my purchase was more reasonable and justified than it actually was.... :drunk:

I already have plenty of voices of reason in my life!

I think you need to double the order and send the second half to me. I can set up a webcam in my kitchen and we can have an internet drinking contest. :tank: :mug:

That is an effin' sweet order. My wife is a NOLA expat so I was thinking of doing gumbo and shrimp po-boys for St. Valentine's. Wanna trade recipes?

I can't beat that, but I expect an invitation now!

Hmmm. Here's my Friday: have my picture taken with the Stanley Cup, then play some hockey in the Labatt Blue USA Pond Hockey Tournament (which lasts the weekend, and I am anticipating getting whipped badly).

Unfortunately, the "refreshments" supplied are not my favorite beer.

I think your weekend sounds awesome, but I wouldn't trade!

Back