be a hero!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imsoweetadid

Reaction score
Does anyone have a go pro hero 3 camera. I just picked up one and did my first video ever. I mounted it to the end of a paintball gun barrel. here it is. The resolution isn't that good in this one, because photobucket wouldn't let me load the higher resolution.

http://static.photobucket.com/playe...37/usmcruz/CheckMateFoolEmail_zpse2dc604c.mp4

By the way does anyone know of a good video editing software that I can use.

I have one, the Hero3 silver edition. Go with YouTube or Vimeo as far as uploading. You can put up higher quality and they also have a few tricks to help you out... ie. my first ever video (a ski trip) had alot of camera bounce. YouTube can do a decent job of correcting it for you. Also, what model did you go with? With mine, I am better of shooting 720p/60fps to help mitigate camera bounce/jelly. I highly recommend going at least 60fps. I'll post up a video I sent my boss to help out with settings. I use Adobe Premiere Pro 6, but you gotta pay to play. On windows, you can get away with Movie maker and on Mac iMovie. I had alot of problems getting iMovie to transcode out a true 1080p video (ie. it said it was, but in truth it was similar to your video).

Here is the video I sent my boss....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot brother, ill get a youtube account. What kind of features does that Adobe offer and how much did it cost you? By the way I like your video! I see what you mean by camera bounce! I have the GoPro hero3 Silver Edition.

I checked out that Adobe thing you mentioned and it looks like you have to pay annually. Is there stand alone video editing software that I don't have to pay annually?

I went and purchased adobe after effects cs6. Pretty robust program. Took me a month of straight reading to learn it.

Back