BCS and Raspberry Pi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MI_Dogman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a question about the Embedded Control Concept BCS unit.

Could you use this with the Raspberry Pi with Touch Screen connected through either net?

Im pretty interested in the idea of using a PLC for automation when I eventually upgrade my system.

Thanks Guys!

PS: I am a sailor not a programmer. I understand Navigation and Ship handling not coding and computer processing..:D

Yes this is doable. You will need to get familiar with the basics of Linux to setup the raspberry PI. You will need to setup both with a static IP on the same subnet. From there you will use the raspberry PI to launch a Web browser and go to the BCS Web interface. You can also configure the raspberry PI to launch the browser and open that page automatically upon startup.

Do you have any recommendations on how to go about starting to learn the basics? I know the internet is great for googling everything, but first hand info from people is better. Is Linux a hard program to learn on?

I would start by looking at the raspberry PI documentation. Linux is not a program. It is the operating system that runs on the raspberry PI instead of windows.

Yes this is doable. You will need to get familiar with the basics of Linux to setup the raspberry PI. You will need to setup both with a static IP on the same subnet. From there you will use the raspberry PI to launch a Web browser and go to the BCS Web interface. You can also configure the raspberry PI to launch the browser and open that page automatically upon startup.

Static IP addresses shouldn't matter as long as your system has a good DHCP server on the local network.

Back