BCS-462 Availability

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDog007

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why the BCS-462 seems to be no longer be available? I was considering upgrading my panel and now can’t find them anywhere.

Interesting. Looks like they fell off the two retailers that were carrying them. I have a 460 I’m selling but I’m guessing you are looking for the bigger unit?

Yeah, I really want the 462 but I don’t want to invest in something I can’t replace later if it has a problem. Looking at Brucontrol too now but seems more complicated than what I’ve seen, maybe I’m just overthinking...

Yeah, I really want the 462 but I don’t want to invest in something I can’t replace later if it has a problem. Looking at Brucontrol too now but seems more complicated than what I’ve seen, maybe I’m just overthinking...

It’s not too complicated, I found it easier to figure out than BCS.

I just switched from BCS to brucontrol. They both have their learning curves.
1. Brucontrol is way more flexible.
2. Their customer support is a thousand times better.
3. BCS hasn't added any new features forever. They did a giant firmware overhaul a few years ago and although it was nice, it was slow to come out.

I just switched from BCS to brucontrol. They both have their learning curves.
1. Brucontrol is way more flexible.
2. Their customer support is a thousand times better.
3. BCS hasn't added any new features forever. They did a giant firmware overhaul a few years ago and although it was nice, it was slow to come out.

Is anyone out there buying the old BCS? I feel like it might be going in the scrap bin at some point, unless I can think of a way to repurpose it.

Can anyone tell me what actual hardware I should buy for the brucontrol? The Arduino Mega r3 I assume will work but also the screw shield, din mounts, WiFi shield that will also fit with the screw shield? Any help would be appreciated. Thinking I might dive in here even though I was told via email that BCS update is probably gonna arrive by 3/1

The website has all that info. There’s some videos too going over some of the differences, and the manual shows pros and cons based on what you’re doing.

Hi all,

FYI we just added an option for a fully assembled interface microcontroller, based on the MEGA. We need to update the pictures, pricing, and order buttons, but if you ping us via the email on the website, we can provide a price in the meantime. See http://brucontrol.com/build/order-lists/ at the bottom of the MEGA Order List for the picture, or http://brucontrol.com/buy/hardware/ to order once we put the PayPal buttons in. These assemblies will cost you about 30% above the cost of the parts alone - around $135, which this is just to cover the risk costs of supplier changes, damaged or failed components, etc. The soldering of the Screw Shield alone takes better than an hour, so I can assure anyone this isn't a profitable endeavor! However, we do want to provide a turnkey controller for those who don't want to tackle the DIY aspect of the controller build project.

Back