Bcs 462 automated valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of ways to add more automation. Automated valves really helps simplify not needing hose changes when fly sparging. Float switches work good also. I'm in the process of adding some float switches to watch mash water level when fly sparging and to stop the sparge when my BK hits my pre-boil volume. I do my fill by time. If you create a fixed restriction on your water output (e.g. 3mm or so), then the only other variables to accurately fill are pressure and time. If your pressure doesn't fluctuate much, then you can do accurate fills with time only. I do this with my BCS by having a process with a state for .5 gallon and 10-15 gallon amounts. I just select the one I need for filling the MLT or HLT.

If you're looking for some valves, I have a few in the for sale section. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=565455

Also, not to take away from HBT here, but if you have specific BCS items you need assistance with, the ECC forum may get you a quicker response. However, there are many BCS users here to help also.

Thanks Jon. I want to automate the valves and water fill just like you are suggesting. I just need to find the time to figure out how to do it best with the least amount of valves. Currently in the process of moving :) I will try to figure it all out after the move. Was kind if looking for someone that has setup a simular setup to cheat off of ;)

Finally got my BCS-462 yesterday :mug:

Now I need to get serious and get my valves laid out and ordered.

Side note if if anyone needs a BCS-460 I will have one up for sale soon.

Jeff

bcs462.jpg

Back