BB Ivan Belgian Tripel.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyc

Reaction score
Has anyone brewed this? Brewers Best Tripel kit? I picked it up yesterday, and I've already started, grains are steeping right now. I was curious to see if this turned out ok for anyone. After I started, I thought that I should have waited to get a good belgian yeast to use. It comes with regular coopers yeast, hopefully it will turn out good. If anybody has any feed back for this kit, that would be great.

A lot of belgian character comes from the yeast, so without it I dunno how much like a traditional tripel it'll be, but it'll probably be a fine beer anyway.

Does it say what the contents are, exactly? I have to wonder if that yeast packet is really their standard ale yeast. Maybe it just isn't specially labelled? The idea that you can make a beer taste anything like a tripel without the right yeast is just flat-out bonkers, and I'd be surprised if they actually tried to pull that one on you.

But yeah, even if it isn't a tripel there's no reason it can't taste good anyway.

Latest posts

Back