Bayou Classic SQ 14 missing hardware. A little help please?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsharp

Reaction score
I bought a Bayou Classic SQ 14 from Amazon this week. I didn't really have time to look at it until last night. Much to my chagrin, there was no hardware with it at all. To make matters worse, the instructions aren't even for the SQ 14, so I don't even have a clue what I'm supposed to have. I have the stand, the burner and the hose/gas regulator. The shutter is already in the burner, secured by two identical bolts. It appears I just need a bolt to secure the burner to the stand. Can anybody with the SQ14 answer this? If thats the case, I will just go to the hardware store and buy a bolt. Is the bolt the same one as the ones in the shutter? They seem to be the same diameter, but I'm not sure about the length. If I can figure this out, I can still have my scheduled brew day this weekend, since its finally nice. I would appreciate any help!

Help?

SQ14.jpg

Mine didn't come with the screw either. I called them and they immediately shipped out a screw but it didn't fit. I just went to the hardware store and got a few and found one that fit. I wish I could remember what size it was but trial and error will work. Just buy a bunch and find one that works. I'm think a #12 that was maybe 1/2" but I could be wrong on that.

Mine didn't come with the screw either. I called them and they immediately shipped out a screw but it didn't fit. I just went to the hardware store and got a few and found one that fit. I wish I could remember what size it was but trial and error will work. Just buy a bunch and find one that works. I'm think a #12 that was maybe 1/2" but I could be wrong on that.

Thats kind of what I was thinking too cincy. I will try that. Thanks everybody for their help! Sounds like pretty irresponsible business to me. You better believe I'm going to make them pay the postage to mail me a replacement, whether I need it or not.:D

Thats kind of what I was thinking too cincy. I will try that. Thanks everybody for their help! Sounds like pretty irresponsible business to me. You better believe I'm going to make them pay the postage to mail me a replacement, whether I need it or not.:D

When I called them they didn't even asked about my purchase. I just told them it was an SQ-14 and they mailed the screwand it arrived in a couple days. You won't have to pay anything.

I just opened mine, and I am missing two screws that attach the shutter to the burner. I also have a screw not mentioned in the parts list. What are these people smoking?

I just opened up my SP10... missing screws :mad:. I guess I'll be making a trip to the hardware store tomorrow

Back