Bayou Classic Sp10 - Propane Leak??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzeWuzze

I Love DIY
Reaction score
So quick question, mine came with the preset regulator and the knob below it to open the gas.

Unhooked the gas from my BBQ and screwed on the green connector onto the propane tank, then tightened it down as tight as i feasibly could with my hands and a cloth since there's no real way to wrench on it.

Opening the tank, I noticed a faint propane smell with the hose valve turned off(like they say to do for leaks), and after much spraying i found that its coming from inside the connector to my tank. If i spray water up into the connector bubbles start getting pushed out. Ive tried redoing the connector, still seems to be coming out. I assume this is not standard, i am wondering if its my propane tank which is a bit old(but still hooks up to my Weber Q Grill with no leaks?). Im wondering if this is just because of the pressure of the gas in the regulator just coming back out and is to be expected, and will go away when i open the hose valve to the burner or not....

I'd hate to go spend money on a new tank and gas and not fix the problem, any advice?

Guess you cant delete threads here, regardless went out and bought some thread tape and put it on my tank, seems to have stopped the issue.

Back