Bayou Classic BG12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superbob404

Reaction score
THere's gotta be someone out there who uses the Bayou Classci BG12 burners on their rig. Do you have a low or a high pressure regulator on it? I've Googled it & all I get is it's low & high depending on the site. I have 3 of them comming from amazon. Any input on these burners would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

The BG-12 is a mid range burner. It runs spec with a 0-10 psi adjustable regulator, so should work well with at least 10 psi.

The notable difference with this style of burner vs the high pressure BG-10 version is that if you run them too hard, the flames tend to sputter. The output orifices are small, and the flame seems to get too 'thin' a mix. You will see the blue flame lift off the burner. If it gets too much air, that flame will sputter, or go out.

What is nice is the range of adjustability. With a needle valve, the range of simmer to high flame is quite stable and has a noticeable finesse to it, over standard high pressure burners like the BG-10.

Overall, I think they are a solid burner choice for your rig.

I am biased towards the high pressure BG-10 model because I can blast 25 psi through it, but that is probably not a selling point for most people, as it can be seen as a waste of fuel, lol.

Back