Bay area beer to bring back to Europe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanppp

Reaction score
I'm from San Francisco and live in Europe now and I have a few beer enthusiast friends who want me to bring something back when I go home for vacation this summer. I'd like to bring something that would be hard to find in Europe. Any ideas? I've already got Pliny on my list!

I would guess that almost any craft beer from the US would be hard to find in Europe.

I would think Anchor Steam Beer would be a good choice just for the fact that it is one of the few true American Beer Styles.

Take some Green Flash so they know what a Hop Bomb tastes like.

Some of the Sour/Wild Ales from Russian River.

Pliny is good also considering that it is a rare beer for most people in the US.

You don't have to go way out there either. Something like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or one of their IPA's is a good example of American Hops.

Pliny - definitely. Although not in San Francisco, it's close by European standards - Stone offers quite a variety in easy to share 22oz bottles.

Actually all the beers you guys mentioned are available where I live, except Pliny which I already planned on bringing. Any others which are perhaps not even well known within California?

Anchor stream is distributed to close to 100 counties so I don't know if it is quite worth the space

Actually all the beers you guys mentioned are available where I live, except Pliny which I already planned on bringing. Any others which are perhaps not even well known within California?

The latest in the Stone Enjoy-By series might be a good option if the timing is good for you. Even if the beer is available in Europe, you can probably get it there fresher than the distribution network.

I like the Drake's and Enjoy By ideas. I'll add those to the list. Any others??? :)

Lagunitas - little sumpin sumpin, lagunitas sucks, undercover investigation ale

Drakes - drakonic, denoginizer, aromacoma

Firestone - Wookey Jack, DoubleJack, Parabola

Russian River - Pliny the Elder

I really like Auburn Alehouse's isotope pu240 IIPA

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back