Batch #3 Is this Infected.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyKnollBrewery

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is my third batch, Brewed with my Daughter - I thought we took all the right precautions. Can anyone tell if this is infected. Thanks in advance!
Infected.jpg

It looks good to me. There appears to be a little hop material with possibly some hot break on the surface and a bunch of bubbles that may be from fermentation yet or just outgassing of the CO2. How many days has it been since you pitched the yeast?

@RM-MN ; 2 weeks since I pitched the yeast. There is a Tilt Gravity floating in the 10:00 position in the krausen. I am planning to dry hop it tomorrow, it looks a bit different than my other brews. Thanks for the quick response!

Please relax and let your beer be. But you may want to cover a glass carboy while it does it thing. A grocery bag with a hole in the bottom works.

Edit: Sounds good. Welcome to the hobby. :)

Last edited:
I think i like stainless for this reason, lol lawd knows I would think it is infected too, I cant see anything so out of sight out of mind.

I have brewed 73 beers. About after seeing the first +/-12 was when I kind of let the infection paranoia to go away. Nothing there seems really abnormal.

Back