Bass Ale clone starter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoreman

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new house recipe to work on and want to perfect a BassAle clone

Any all grain recipes out there? I searched and didn't find much.

Thanks

Clone recipe on HBT here, though I understand Bass uses about 20% corn in the grain bill, so you may want to make adjustments to the original recipe.

zzARzz said:
Clone recipe on HBT here, though I understand Bass uses about 20% corn in the grain bill, so you may want to make adjustments to the original recipe.

Thanks I didn't see that one - I always thought it was lower in alcohol

Ya most recipes I've seen are pale malt, crystal 60 - there's gotta be more than that to it

That recipe is not even close. I have one that is dead on. It uses 2 lb. of flaked corn, 1/2 lb of C-60, 1/2 lb of Honey malt and 1/2 oz. of roasted barley. Plus 2-row for an OG of around 1.048-1.050.

The hops is way off in that recipe too. I believe I used fuggles for about 20 IBU.

bja said:
That recipe is not even close. I have one that is dead on. It uses 2 lb. of flaked corn, 1/2 lb of C-60, 1/2 lb of Honey malt and 1/2 oz. of roasted barley. Plus 2-row for an OG of around 1.048-1.050.

The hops is way off in that recipe too. I believe I used fuggles for about 20 IBU.

Can you post a 5 gallon recipe? Thx

7 lbs 2 row
2 lbs flaked corn
1/2 lb C-60
1/2 lb honey malt
1/2 oz roasted barley
1 oz fuggles 60 min
1 oz fuggles 15 min
mash @ 152 for 60 min
English ale yeast wlp002

Sweet thanks I'm gonna brew this soon and I just got a lb of fuggles

Back