Basement Brew Pub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RV it is obvious that you have means that most of us do not. It is kind of humorous to me that the reason you can not afford to go into the brewpub business is that it would probably be less lucrative than what you currently do. It is very nice to see all the hard work you have put into your setup. It appears that you have done a lot of research. You have also shown that you are very savvy, and patient about your purchasing decisions. You don't seem to just be some rich guy saying I want this, I want that, having someone else do all the work, and money be damned. Congratulations on your success. Your basement is a thing of beauty. Enjoy!

Wow, amazing build. I got curious where you lived when I saw the Olivers Ales tap handle. I see you are pretty close to me, I'm now in Columbia. I think you are going to have to be careful here to keep your address secret, otherwise you'll find a bunch of HBT members in your basement someday.

Wow, amazing build. I got curious where you lived when I saw the Olivers Ales tap handle. I see you are pretty close to me, I'm now in Columbia. I think you are going to have to be careful here to keep your address secret, otherwise you'll find a bunch of HBT members in your basement someday.

And by some day you mean last night :tank:

But the most important question: how is the beer?

Seconday: Blind Faith IPA, English Mild
Primary: White House Honey Ale
On tap: Kentucky Common Ale, Maple Nut Brown Ale
Bottles: Various

It's been a while since I've checked out your thread. Top notch work as usual rv! Love the new kettles and all of the goodies. That is a proper brewing space! Keep up the great work. :mug:

ba-da-ba-pa-baaaaa... i'm lovin it! it's been awhile since i saw this too, glad you bumped it man!

Wow unbelievable , you could rent that out for weddings... Are you sure paying your fair share of taxes ...LOL

vinper said:
Wow unbelievable , you could rent that out for weddings... Are you sure paying your fair share of taxes ...LOL

It's funny you say that. Had a wedding here with 150 guests two weeks ago. Was our wedding gift to the bride and groom.

Range hood finally completed. Took forever but the guy took $200 off for my troubles. Also picked up a two compartment sink with drain board at an auction for $250. It's huge. Each compartment is 35 gallons. I intend to turn one side into a sanke keg cleaner and set up a 4 head bottle filler as well.

DSC_0085.jpg

Subscribed.

This is great. I can't wait til my school loans are paid off and I move into a house, because a build like this will be my #1 priority.

With all these money bags you've thrown around, where's the brass foot rail and bag hooks?

Can I ask you to take a few pics of how you mounted the tri-clover electric element adapter to the box? I have a 20 gal Stout BK, and had the electric element tri clover put in too. I can get a rip element through the fitting they sent, but not through the nice Brewers Hardware tri-clover element adapter. The nice thing about the BH setup is it also contains the wiring, even though you are limited to a straight element (would that be LWD? At 6k W, it might even be MWD.)

Who did you get the hood from? Here's a pic of my basic layout, still have to get a panel and hood. I'm planning a tippy dump for the MLT, too.

Nice job all around!

Denny

IMG_5575.jpg

Ahhh, I had to go look at the Electric Brewery directions again to see what you meant, totally makes sense now. Instead of putting the locknut inside the hole in the kettle, you used the 1" heater element thread to 1 1/2" triclover adapter as the securing device between the box and the element, then simply attach it to the kettle with a clamp and a seal. Brilliant!

rvklein said:
HERMS coil in the HLT

Hey, nice build! I'm looking at going with the Stout kettles for my upcoming build as well. Do you have a pic of the HLT with the element mounted? I'm curious where you mounted it to not interfere with the HERMS coil.

Thanks!

rvklein said:
This pic shows the element mounted under the HERMs coil

Thanks for the pic. I had tried contacting Stout and they mentioned the coil is elevated when they add an element port.

Got a 15 gallon set ordered last week. They should be here in 4 months. Long wait, hope it's worth it.

I wish I had seen this thread before I started my build. The information on the glycol setup would have saved me a ton of research time! I ended up calling kegworks and working with one of their corporate sales guys. He was a lot of help, but had I seen this, I would have used the company in Annapolis. I used to live out there and know the area well.
I saw you mentioned Lures I used to go there occasionally as my oldest daughter went to Indian Creek, just down the road. Used to go to Ramshead when I was riding my motorcycle, just to pose though because I never drink and ride. :)
I also really like the FOB idea and plan to do the same.

I had a quick question about the glycol setup you have. What is the set point, temp, you used? Default is 20 on my pump but I thought is saw 7 as a good set point. Any help would be appreciated.

That's so beautiful I'm thinking you could just get a zoning variance and have your commercial taproom after all.

This whole thread is photoshopped. :D

Totally kidding, I'm jealous as Hell along with most of the readers here. Great thread and setup man.

I had a quick question about the glycol setup you have. What is the set point, temp, you used? Default is 20 on my pump but I thought is saw 7 as a good set point. Any help would be appreciated.

I keep my bath at around 28 degrees. I have 100' of line to cool so your temp would vary depending on the thermal mass in the lines. In my case it's about 4 gallons of beer.

Last weekend my thermostat got stuck and my glycol bath got down to 0F! Only beers that didn't freeze were the 10%+ ones :mug:

Perhaps I will be the only one to see the irony, I was going through this from page 1 and somewhere about page 12 or so, seeing the keezer closet and all it's intricacy, I had flashes of the "Back to the Future" DeLoreon and thought, I wonder if this thing can traverse time?

About then I looked at the dates and realized that Yes, it really did traverse time.

Subed great now you have made me add another thing to my dream house some day some day. :)

Back