Base of Keg Post spraying

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa Brewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

I don't know if this is odd (this is my first time kegging) but I have a keg spraying from the base of the liquid-tower.

It's my first time kegging and using my newly built keezer. All my other kegs were fine, except this one. I connected the co2, purged, and then purged again. All was normal. But then I hooked up the beer line, turned the gas back on, and I had a 4th of July show in my keezer!
Beer spraying everywhere from the base of the liquid tower.

So I got out my socket wrench, made sure it was good and tight, but the same keeps happening. If only gas is on, it's fine. As soon as I purge and the co2 hook up the beer line and turn the co2 back on: Spray.

I took the tower off and saw this on the lip of the dip tube (photo, below). Seems to be a crack or something, it was rough and that little big on the bottom gave me a scratch.

Is this the problem?
Have any of you dealt with this?

Thanks, as always

iii720h

That dip tube appears to have some damage to the flange at ~ 6 o'clock. Check the O-ring to see if it got cut.
That O-ring has to seal the bottom of the dip tube flange to the threaded riser and also seal against the inside of the post...

Cheers!

That dip tube appears to have some damage to the flange at ~ 6 o'clock. Check the O-ring to see if it got cut.
That O-ring has to seal the bottom of the dip tube flange to the threaded riser and also seal against the inside of the post...

Cheers!

Hey, thanks (yet again) day_trippr!
I gave it a look and all was well with the washer there.

Hey all, mystery solved!

Through a bit of time on the phone and sending a video to the good folks at KegConnection, we discovered that the liquid-side post o-ring had broken off. Now, most folks would've caught that when they went to hook up the keg, but being a newbie who doesn't know what the heck he's doing or what stuff should look like, this one flew right past me.

Moral of the story: washers may be tiny, but boy are they important :yes:

Can't thank Todd and Zack at KegConnection enough for their help!

Latest posts

Back