Barley Days Brewery(Picton Ontario)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnyjim

Reaction score
This is a video of my latest trip to Barley Day's Brewery in Picton Ontario. They brew a good variety of small town beer in small batches but unfortunately it's not widely distributed because it really is some good stuff. If anybody on this forum is from the Greater Toronto Area or especially out in the Kingston area then go check these guys out. The owners are Christopher and Norah Rogers, Sales Rep is Donna Suave, and Master Brewer is Jan Rorig.

Check them out at:
Barley Days Brewery, Prince Edward County, Ontario
Ontario Craft Brewers - Brewery - Barley Days Brewery

You can watch my experience here(it's 10 minutes but enjoy a beer, sit relax, and have a watch)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for watching the video guys, I really just wanted to share what a great experience it was. And yes, it was cold, but the brewery was also 3 hours south of my place, so atleast we were a bit warmer than at home.

Great Video man...

i'm looking to visit Heritage brewing in Carleton Place in a couple of months.... Hopefully it will be as awesome as your visit at Barley Days!

Hey frenchtickler, I was planing on Heritage as well however their schedule is stricter. If you can, try heading out in March/April because they will have their Maple Bush Lager out for tasting. Don't hesitate if you're thinking about heading out to Picton though, these guys were very very hospitable.

Hey frenchtickler, I was planing on Heritage as well however their schedule is stricter. If you can, try heading out in March/April because they will have their Maple Bush Lager out for tasting. Don't hesitate if you're thinking about heading out to Picton though, these guys were very very hospitable.

Awesome man... thanks for the heads up!

z987k, I know there are threads on this but I can't afford a grain crusher and don't want to sit there all day beating the grains in a bag with a roller. Would an old metal turn coffee/grain crusher work on a loosened setting? They only cost like 40 bucks but just take 15 times as long to crush, but it's all I can afford right now. Would something like this work? As well, I know it's not the most exciting video but I made a video on the tasting of the homebrew. So here's the link if anybody's interested. Cheers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6HLgG1ukFA]YouTube - All Grain Beer Tasting[/ame]

maybe our definition of coffee grinder is different. When you say coffee grinder, I think of something that pulverizes the **** out of the beans and turns them into a fine to course powderish thing.

Do a search for corona mill they run 15 to 40 dollars and can be loosened up to mill grain. You can also remove the handle and attach a drill to them to make it go quicker.

Cheers, thanks for the help I will go get me one of them this week if I can find one.

Back