barley crusher settings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

eschatz

Reaction score
just bought a barley crusher from northernbrewer. it says that its set at .039 at the factory. i dont know anything about where i want it set at. AND i have no clue how to adjust it. are there set screws on the side or something. i dont want to play around with it if i dont need to reset the spacing on the rollers. i'm sure there's a thread already on this but cant seem to find it. brewing a wheat tonite and a maple pale on sunday with 6 gal of maple sap and 1 pint of syrup!!!!!

Soulive

Reaction score
I didn't change mine at all but I know someone who set theirs to .035. Personally, I'm fine with the factory setting...

Got Trub?

Reaction score
I reset mine to a finer crush, I don't remember the exact distance, and improved my efficiency 2-3%. I batch sparge now though and I wouldn't use my current crush for fly sparging as it would get stuck I'm sure.

GT

b33rm3

Reaction score
I have mine at the factory setting. I closed the gap a bit for a couple of batches and the sparge was a incredibly slow opened it back up and everything ran fine.

Blender

Reaction score
Try it at factory settings and see how it works for you. You don't want problems with a wheat beer anyway because that is gooey stuff.

I used a feeler gauge to adjust mine after the first couple of uses. There are adjustment knobs on each side.