Bargain Fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratslinger

Reaction score
Just about anyone who's done business with Wayne at Bargain Fittings will tell you he's a stand up guy who'll go that extra mile for his customers. Well, let me be the latest one in that long line to share my story.

Last week, I broke down my three 3-piece stainless steel ball valves for a good thorough cleaning. I gave all the pieces an overnight oxiclean soak, and as luck would have one of the gaskets for one of the valves separated into two pieces while soaking, and the other gasket for that same valve separated identically when I rinsed it off. I contacted Wayne to see if he could help me source replacement gaskets for the valve, since I had purchased it through his store last winter. While he was unable to track down a source for replacement gaskets, he asked for pictures of the damaged gaskets and asked for more info about the rest of the valve and helped determine that it most likely failed due to a defect in the original molding of the gasket itself. And then he shipped me a brand new replacement valve! :rockin:

Now, considering the fact that I had purchased this item from him either close to 9 or 12 months ago (I'm really not sure which of the purchases this valve came from at this point), Wayne really had no responsibility to me at this point to replace the defective part - I feel like he really went above and beyond for me, and you can bet I'll keep going back to him for more!

Just want to say what a great experience it's been working with Wayne and the crew at Bargain Fittings. I've spent a good chunk of my tax return upgrading my system. They supplied all my SS fittings, quick disconnects, thermometers, bulkheads and 3 pc valves. Great prices and prompt shipping.

Mark

Yeah, my only experience with them was very positive also. Cheap fittings, cheap flat rate shipping, and it still arrived very quickly. Then when I realized I had ordered the wrong size pipe nipple, Wayne worked with me to get me the correct thing. And they even shipped it cheaper so I wouldn't have to pay the $5 flat rate for a $3 part, and it still arrived very quickly.

Also a good experience , very fast shipping and replies to email questions

I'll jump on this bandwagon. I've spent a very significant amount there and they're very prompt, both with communication and shipping. Good quality parts.

Me too. Wayne has been great. I've had multiple great ordering experiences. He's always provided top-notch service, including replacing a mis-ordered part and a missing shipment. He's always been a 100% class act. I intend to go back again and again.

I ordered the parts to build my cooler mash tun from them, and it's been working well for several years now.

Here's another shoutout to Bargain Fittings. I placed my order Sunday evening (May 11, 2014 at 8:25 PM) and received an email the next day just after 1:00pm that my order shipped. Thanks to my relatively close proximity (<50miles) I received my parts today, Tues. You just don't get faster service than that!

Packaging was done well. Everything was wrapped and protected in a sturdy box. The website even has helpful instructions on how to install everything.

I will definitely be ordering from them again!

As my equipment continues to expand, I keep returning to Barginfittings. When I first ordered years ago, I needed a lot of help and Wayne walked me through all I needed. Now as I need more fittings, I return knowing I will get quality products at a great price with fast and reasonable shipping. I am also confident any issue I may have would be handled well; my interactions with Wayne have always been kind, patient, and personable.

Just ordered from bargainfittings.com and am extremely happy with the process. I ordered a few items with the standard $5.00 shipping and a short while later discovered I had forgotten an item. Well I ordered it too figuring the extra $5.00 shipping charge was penance for not double checking before I pressed the complete order button. Today I discovered that the folks at @BargainFittings had refunded me the shipping charge on the second order.
This is good customer service.

I will second this! Very helpful! Their website showed that they were out of an item that I needed. I called and spoke with them and I had the item within 2 days!! Awesomeness!

They are responsive, fast shipping.
Quality has been fantastic.
Have purchased over $800 in the last couple years.
Never had a single problem with order, shipping , or items.

I'll pile on this lovefest. I've ordered a half dozen times from them. No problems. Last order, they mixed up a part, I shot off an email and the correct part was at my door two days later. Great company

Yeah can't beat the $5.00 shipping on the already great prices. Got everything within 2 days. Great costumer service. Just wish they had more products. I'd rather buy from them.

In addition to the fast shipping and great customer service, I'll add this:

Their stuff is about 40% cheaper than the same items at the LHBS.

Revised a bit: I've been trying to contact @BargainFittings to exchange wrong part they sent me, for the one I need, and have gotten no response to 4 separate emails. I've ended up just buying the part over again and I'm hoping that I get the correct one this time. I've also tried to contact for a return on a couple of 3/8 locknuts that have 3/8 stamped on them, but measure over a half inch inside diameter gotten no contact back from them yet (2+ days.)
The parts they sell are great and affordable and they ship quick but the communication from this company seems terrible.

I'm not implying that it's acceptable to not receive a response in a timely fashion.

You may want to check out the link below about NPT fitting sizes. Could it be that the 3/8" fitting that was sent is actually the correct size that is stamped on it? Maybe you need a different size all together.

http://www.fairburyfastener.com/xdims_pipe_threads.htm

Revised a bit: I've been trying to contact @BargainFittings to exchange wrong part they sent me, for the one I need, and have gotten no response to 4 separate emails. I've ended up just buying the part over again and I'm hoping that I get the correct one this time. I've also tried to contact for a return on a couple of 3/8 locknuts that have 3/8 stamped on them, but measure over a half inch inside diameter gotten no contact back from them yet (2+ days.)
The parts they sell are great and affordable and they ship quick but the communication from this company seems terrible.

Have you tried to call them ( 972-836-7023 ) :tank:

I'm not implying that it's acceptable to not receive a response in a timely fashion.

You may want to check out the link below about NPT fitting sizes. Could it be that the 3/8" fitting that was sent is actually the correct size that is stamped on it? Maybe you need a different size all together.

http://www.fairburyfastener.com/xdims_pipe_threads.htm

I don't blame them for sending the wrong fitting, it is clearly marked 3/8. The brass elbows I have are also clearly marked 3/8, its probably and inside diameter theirs vs outside diameter mine. The confusion is mine, being a nuts and bolts guy, I assumed 3/8 was a universal measurement. The 3/8 silicone o-rings that i ordered at the same time were the correct size for my application.
I would just like to be able to return them, at $9.00 each I could use the money for something else from them.

The initial wrong part they sent was an external threaded female cam lock and I ordered an internal threaded cam lock. I need an internal threaded for the small pump, with external threads, I'm attaching to my system.

Well hopefully they get back to you...I've had 4 good experiences in my dealings with them. Perhaps they will get to you Monday.

I've ordered from them 3 or 4 times and quite happy. Always high-quality components at good prices. Can't speak for their customer service, as I've never needed to contact them. I'd certainly buy from them again as the need arises.

I shouldn't have to, plus I don't own a phone. And without a toll free I'm reluctant to use a friends.

I have had one occasion for them to contact me, and they did.
I understand your phone dilemma.
If you want.
PM me your order information, problems, etc..
and I will contact them for you.

Well hopefully they get back to you...I've had 4 good experiences in my dealings with them. Perhaps they will get to you Monday.
Yep I have no complaints on their front end service. Affordable shipping and in a timely manner.

I've ordered from them 3 or 4 times and quite happy. Always high-quality components at good prices. Can't speak for their customer service, as I've never needed to contact them. I'd certainly buy from them again as the need arises.
Yep they have great products at a good price. Front end service is spectacular its just the back end service I am having issues with.
I have had one occasion for them to contact me, and they did.
I understand your phone dilemma.
If you want.
PM me your order information, problems, etc..
and I will contact them for you.
I appreciate your offer but I would prefer to deal directly with them.

Hello,

I'm sorry you did not get a response. I checked through my email and do not see any unanswered emails or anything in our spam folder.
Our contact email is [email protected]

I typically try to review our email and our voicemails on the weekend even though we are not open.

You can message us here on homebrewtalk and I'll try to resolve your issue.

I have been contacted by @BargainFittings and am on the way to resolving the issue. Once the communication starts it is excellent and they show amazing service.
Thank you Wayne

All is well and good in the land of OZ, I was taken care of promptly on the refund. So happy in fact I've spent another bunch of money with them.
Sorry for the delay but my original thread appears to be merged into this one and I had to hunt it down.

Only placed one order with them, but dang that was out the door fast, and on its way. You can't beat that shipping, and their prices. I actually regret not ordering more extra parts just for the hell of it.

I ordered from bargainfittings.com for the first time last week. I figured for $5 shipping I would have to wait awhile and was surprised when my parts arrived 3 days after ordering, including a Sunday. Their prices are good and the website answered all my installation questions. My order was small this time but when it comes to upgrading in the future they will definitely be on the list of vendors I reach out to.

I ordered from bargainfittings.com for the first time last week. I figured for $5 shipping I would have to wait awhile and was surprised when my parts arrived 3 days after ordering, including a Sunday. Their prices are good and the website answered all my installation questions. My order was small this time but when it comes to upgrading in the future they will definitely be on the list of vendors I reach out to.

Really appreciate your business!

Back