Bar trivia team names

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drainbamage

Keep HBT weird.
Reaction score
Anyone got any good ones? The group I go with has used the following at various times:

Terminally Indecisive (this is our usual, based on the way we spend way too much time deliberating over our answers, and then usually picking a wrong one)
Drunken Recall
Better Late Than Pregnant
Thundergun Express
Baconators (when we want to annoy my buddy's vegan friend)

One of us found the following online, but we've yet to actually use it because we don't feel like writing it on every answer card: I Call My Dick Cheney Because It Likes To Shoot People In The Face

SWMBO, daughter (mini-SWMBO?), daughter's female friend, and I like to team up for trivia when we get a chance. The name we always use is:

Pants Free

Yes, there is a story behind this name.

Many years ago, daughter and friend had gone out for the evening, and SWMBO and I had retired to bed. We heard the girls come in quite late, and fell back asleep. Some time later our bedroom door opened, and I saw a shadowy figure crossing towards our master bedroom bath. I thought to myself, "she seems too short to be daughter, and why didn't she go into the other bathroom?" but was only half awake, do drifted off again.

Next thing I know daughter's friend is crawling into our bed between SWMBO and me. I glance down, and she is not wearing any pants! (under or otherwise) :eek: I rouse SWMBO and send her to get daughter to deal with the situation. I couldn't do it myself because I also sleep sans bottoms. Next day I found a strange thong on our bedroom floor.

Daughter's friend got pajama bottoms for Christmas that year!

By the way, we don't disclose the meaning of the name, except in exceptional circumstances.

Brew on :mug:

Last edited:
About the only creative one we've ever used was 'tasteful sideboob'. No real reason, it just seemed appropriate that night.

That's a Cards Against Humanity card, isn't it? That's a goldmine of prospective offensive team names.

I'm not too sure. I've only played that game twice. I know when we sat down at the bar, we were trying to figure out a name and one guy looked out the window and saw a lady on the sidewalk. That night, the city had the Thursday night street performers going. Just a venue for all kinds of acts, music, drawing, juggling, etc. That particular lady was giving belly dancing lessons to whoever stopped to watch. And with her traditional looking clothing, we had a respectable sideboob shot, which started a conversation that led us to 'tasteful sideboob'. And now that you mention it, it's also the same friend who owns the cards against humanity game, so you may very well be onto something there.

Lesee. We have used

The Joe Sandusky Babysitting Service
(any unintelligible series of letters) - its always fun to hear them attempt to pronounce it
Any name which makes the announcer sound like they are saying things about themselves "I really want to make love to this goat" or the like.

Moe Lester's Day Care Service

I once had a homosexual encounter in college and I didn't hate it

I enjoy the feeling of vaseline squishing between my toes

Toenail Collectors Annonymous

Banana Hammock Testers

What does the announcer say when you have a correct answer? I'd find a name that went along with what is being said.

One of the regular teams at the pub quiz I go to is called "the Little Lebowski Urban Achievers." Wish I could take credit for that one, but, as the quizmaster always reminds us is quite the gift for understatement, my team goes by "beer is good."

One of the regular teams at the pub quiz I go to is called "the Little Lebowski Urban Achievers." Wish I could take credit for that one, but, as the quizmaster always reminds us is quite the gift for understatement, my team goes by "beer is good."

There's a team at the place I frequent that goes by that too. There's also the Lori Grimes School of Parenting which, as a Walking Dead fan, cracks me up.

Back