Bar top epoxy resin questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAINT1000

Reaction score
I am in the process of building a home bar. The top of the bar i want to inlay hockey sticks and pucks and cover with epoxy resin. My question is will the epoxy resin fill the gaps between the hockey pucks? A hockey puck is 1" thick so with a top layer the resin will have to be around 1 1/8" thick. Also what is the best resin to use that wont yellow? Thanks for any help.

if you put enough epoxy on, it will give you the thickness you need.....It wont be cheap though.

if you put enough epoxy on, it will give you the thickness you need.....It wont be cheap though.

Got that right!!! and it will take forever....you can't pour that much epoxy and expect it to cure properly at one time. You might consider putting a clear layer of lexan or glass on top of those things and then putting a layer of epoxy on it.....

This stuff ain't cheap but I promise you it won't deteriorate or discolor in any way....http://www.westsystem.com/ss/

I've used it with fiberglass on boats and it is tough stuff.

If you don't want it to yellow then you need to purchase 2 part epoxy with built in UV protection.

I use 2 part epoxy every day and use Environmental Technology's ex-74 epoxy (it has the UV protection built in).

There are 231 cubic inches in a gallon so you can estimate the amount needed that way. And the previous posts are correct, it will be expensive.

Back